The Truth

Discussion in 'Support' started by newnick, Apr 9, 2014.

1. newnick

newnick Member

Tinnitus Since:
      march 2013
      they say salt worsens it cause it thickens the blood, but aspirin and alcohol worsen it by thinning blood. such a contradicting thing to say, what if you just consume lots of thinners and thickers, wouldn't that just neutralize things back to normal?

2. seal

seal Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2007
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      ok well for me salt doesn't worsen my Tinnitus, alcohol doesn't ( but I don't drink a lot anyways ) and aspirin also didn't affect my T until now. I would recommend not to read too much stuff on the internet because every T is individual and you can't just skip everything in life that might maybe have an effect on someones Tinnitus and live in constant fear that it will make yours worse, too. The problem is that stressing out about every pinch of salt in your food or every glass of wine you're having will be a constant reminder of your Tinnitus which in my opinion makes Tinnitus or at least its perception worse.

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 2
      • Useful Useful x 1
    3. Martin69
      Artistic

Martin69 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      (Health) Anxiety
      I drink and eat the same as before T onset.
      It doesn't have any effect on my T.
      As Seal said, you would think and worry about every piece of food.

4. Grace
      No Mood

Grace Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/14/2013
      I also dont do anything differently then before T.. I eat.. Drink and smoke the same and has not caused spikes or anything so far. Would love to quit smoking eventually though for the sake of my health in the longrun

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      newnick

newnick Member

Tinnitus Since:
      march 2013
      Well I have found that ginkgo biloba really helps fight tinnitus's raise in volume from eating too much salt because I believe from reading that ginkgo biloba thins your blood and I know that salt thickens your blood so that fights my salt in the diet thickening my blood and it works very well, some people didn't have luck with ginkgo biloba and I think that's probably because they just got the stuff from Walmart but I buy it from a specific online company called "arches" and have really felt a great advantage from their Formula compared to ginkgo biloba nearby at Walmart. However What I do buy at Walmart that truly really helps is a vitamin brand called lipo-flavonoid which truly helps me too so those two things together are the only things I use to fight tinnitus besides using earplugs when the baby is crying and never listening to loud music the way I wish I could . Tell me if you guys have any new updates that are worth learning about.

6. Contrast
      No Mood

Contrast Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      Ginkgo Biloba and Dr. Shelton's hearing loss/tinnitus supplements that help improve blood flow and fight toxins are probably are very situational, and how do we know the improvement of blood flow will specifically target in the cochlea in a potent way? It's not like the ingredients are injected inside the inner ear through the round window.

Be skeptical of people who claim Ginko Baloba will treat hearing loss, and tinnitus, the results are very inconsistent. The rare exception would be interesting to find though so we know what small subtype of patients will benefit.