The Unpleasant Sound (Screech) of the Metal Disturbed My Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by IvanRus, Nov 27, 2017.

1. IvanRus

IvanRus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ototoxicity
      Hello. How can you comment on such a case ?! - Have you ever heard "vile, unpleasant sounds for your hearing"?

For example, iron on the glass, rusty metal on metal, etc.?

So, today I came across such a sound when my grandmother began to scoop the metal bucket with water from a metal pelvis. The pelvis was with the broken enamel and an unpleasant, vile sound was heard (grinding). I did not tolerate such a sound from childhood, to tinnitus.

Now it pierced my ear and tinnitus raged, wound up. The sound was not very loud but unpleasant.

What do you say? This splash, thorn, tinnitus will go??

2. Onsdag

Onsdag Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown, maybe stress
      Have any of your previous unpleasant sound exposures left your tinnitus in a worse shape than before?

3. Kelvin

Kelvin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      June 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Dental Work
      @IvanRus.
      Sorry to hear your T is spiking...your grandmother sounds like a dream, with her grinding enamel pelvis :mad:
      It seems quite common that after developing T /H that certain sounds will become irritating.
      For me its cutlery, running water and flushing toilets...yeah no Shit :eek:
      Clearlly your hearing system is not working correctly and is very sensitive.
      Try and avoid these noises or if you cant try and block your ears for the few minutes or seconds they are going on.
      You still need to be exposed to normal noise but not that rusty grandma's pelvis stuff.
      Hopefully in time it will at least get a bit better for you...and all of us.

4. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      About 10 days ago, a glass plate fell 10 cm onto another glass plate about 30 cm from my bad ear (I was sitting down, and the plate was on the table on the side of my bad ear) and made a loud noise. I felt discomfort in my ear right away. Then, very gradually, over a period of several days, I developed a new tinnitus tone(!!!!!!!). It is in what used to be my good ear, and it is Louder than my regular tone in my bad ear(!!!)

These noises can do a Lot of damage.............

• Hug Hug x 1
    5. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I should have taken prednisone that time, but I had only 2 pills left...