Theme Parks

Discussion in 'Support' started by geg1992, Jan 29, 2015.

1. geg1992
      English

geg1992 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/12/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure + Antibiotics
      Hi All,

Looking at going to Disneyworld but was wondering how my tinnitus would limit me.

Obviously it's a loud environment, but is it loud enough to be wearing ear plugs most of the time?

Also, what about rollercoasters? These can be noisy round corners etc, is it safe to wear ear plugs or will the pressure mess my ears up more?

Has anybody been to a theme park and still enjoyed themselves? And what hearing protection did you use?

Thanks.

2. I who love music
      Cheerful

I who love music Member

Tinnitus Since:
      mid seventies
      Cedar Point twice with T. I took cotton for the loud times, and there were a few.
      I stayed off the big rides for fear my head would get tossed around and ignite my T.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    3. Chelles
      Balanced

Chelles Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Went to disneyworld in august I didn't wear my earplugs however I don't get in rides (fear of heights) I still had my earplugs in my purse just in case but didn't need them. If you have H then you def need them because some parts do the park are very loud and the fireworks in the end too.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      geg1992
      English

geg1992 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/12/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure + Antibiotics
      Thanks for the feedback. I only very occasionally get H but rarely. Did you watch the fireworks with ear plugs? I just don't want this to ruin the holiday as Florida is my favorite place in the world!

5. Chelles
      Balanced

Chelles Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      I didn't use the earplugs since I wasn't standing in the front (the place was packed you can just imagine) so it wasn't really super loud by where I was standing. My advice take some earplugs and have them in your pocket just in case.

6. LillianLexicon97
      Depressed

LillianLexicon97 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise: Headphones
      I have a fear of roller coasters because of horror stories about them collapsing and what not, so I don't care about not riding them. However, if you have T I WOULD NOT advise going on one. People screaming could do damage and I worry about the earplugs falling out. Yeah, I'm actually concerned about them falling out. :wideyed: