This Is Not Happening

Discussion in 'Support' started by Geo, Feb 9, 2015.

1. Geo

Geo Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2012
      Too many spikes at least ine a day is not normal and permanent ones...last night as im about to go to bed at 3 am because my T is already spiked from the day before for no apparent reason .. I take out my phone to put on a youtube video which i put on everynight to help me sleep and mind you i am laying on my bed with my phone. I open the app and BOOM!!!!!!!! It pierced my ear i instantly felt it go through my ears.. I guess in the middle of the day my little brother used my phones youtube which i had no idea he used because i gave him my old phone for the same purpose not to use my phone and mess with it and he must of turned it up not high like halfways but in my new iphone6 thats like full volume on the pasts iphone 5... As soon as opened the app it thinking it was low as i always leave it in low volume it hit me i knew it.. I instantly started sweating and felt sick to my stomach and it kicked it, it went up on both ears and its bad ive been getting spikes mostly everyday from stupid little dings or things that wouldnt spike anyone elses T but mine this is ridiculous guys .. And my ears are really bad ..my T is unmaskable it is really strong and my left one was the dominant one as my right was fairly new for some months now but everytime its been spiking its been hard permanent spikes all my spikes been permanenet and my right ear is catching up with a vengeance to my lefts idk why i cant figure this out..basically ive endured too many permanent spikes in the past weeks no one should suffer through this .. This is nerve braking and barely holding my sanity.. And i feel like im resenting my little brother even though i love him so much but hes caused like 3 permanent spikes on me lately which all have been accidents but damaging real bad Idk how much more i can take.. My ears have a mind of its own its trying to take me out quick.. And i hear two loud tones now and im freaked out... Cant imagine this and since my ears have been spiking so much lately im just waiting on the next spike thats going to happen pretty soon and all these spikes been happening just in my home... I apologize for this long explanation but i just had to say this...

• Helpful Helpful x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    2. Valentin

Valentin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      17/08/2013
      if that can make you feel better, it's probably nothing wrong with your ears but your auditory cortex.

It would be good to get a full blood test just to rule out any physical cause to these spikes.

My T spikes every time i have fever...

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Geo

Geo Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2012
      Bro ive been having spikes almost everyday and i actually have am stress free before the spikes happen so its not that.. Every fkn sound is too sensitive to my ears and my H is just as bad.. Ive basically been in my room the past couple of weeks but even that cant help me...

4. Carlos1

Carlos1 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Root Canal
      Geo I feel for you man I use to get spikes when my dog barked it was terrible as time went on H and T just settled down and now I have constant T ....hang in there man....someone here once gave me the advice to protect your ears but not to over protect cuz H then will have a grip on you. Hope it gets better for you bro.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Geo

Geo Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2012
      @Carlos1 yeah man this has been going on for over 6 weeks of constant spiking man and permanent ones.. In my first two years when it would spike and stay permanent it wouldnt spike again until months later when i was a position were i exposed myself to actual loid noise, now every little thing will set it off and im to the point were its hard to habituate since my T is really loud... Its hard to avoid little things like accidently dropping ur phone "bang. Accidently someone talking, sneezing, coughing slamming doors , since i live with my family and its a big family man ,its hard...dude i have a dog outside and im planning on giving him to my cousin for the time being since some of his barks through my window hurt..

6. Carlos1

Carlos1 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Root Canal
      Geo I had to find someone to take my dog too it broke my heart ....This fckn T isn't for the weak hang in there man and pray that a cure is around the corner. I tell you if I get to see a cure I'll never look at this world the same way I'll cherish every day ...stay strong

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Geo

Geo Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2012
      @Carlos1 bro that'll be the day when a cure or at least something to decrease the volume happens at least getting back my old mild t will make me happy..the chances of a cure are slim and its better for me to be realistic than to play myself on getting better one day ..this is has to be one of the worst things anyone can get and it doesnt really get that much attention in the world and its sad...

8. Rube
      Fine

Rube Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud shit
      Geo hang in there man, it will start to get better. I assume you are not using any ear protection right now? Maybe it might be a good idea to get some etymotics ear plugs which are a lower NRR. I think you can get it with a rating of 12 or 20 Which won't block out all the sound but maybe take the edge off to make it more tolerable for now.
      I use these for driving or if I found myself in a louder area

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0015WJQ7A/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Geo

Geo Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2012
      @Rube i havent left my house but once in the past three weeks and its still spiking due to certain situations in my house ..im pretty sure it has to be my bad H thats causing these spikes

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Geo

Geo Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2012
      my T is actually Loud like over the tv/fan ..if i put on protection in my house i will go crazy from the 100x times louder its going to sound so i refuse to wear them in house..

11. Rube
      Fine

Rube Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud shit
      It sounds like ur H is causing the spikes as you said. Are you doing any pink noise therapy or anything? Can you get into some TRT, use the over ear white noise generators? Expensive I know but you should do something.

12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Geo

Geo Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2012
      honetly man idk..i dont want anything in my ears that how paranoid my spikes have made me ..ive had H before lasted 2 months but it was mild this time around its strong and has been around 2 months..my plan was to wait it out so itll fade but just waiting is giving me spikes...

13. dan
      Chatty

dan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      You sound like you are approaching my level of T.

14. Telis

Telis Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      try cotton around the house

15. Pilot
      Mellow

Pilot Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      December, 2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I agree with rube, a T treatment center could probably help the H with pink noise and T with TRT. A lot of medical schools have treatment programs, they just aren't advertised very well. Your well being is too important, hopefully it will get better on its own but know that it is treatable, at least according to my ENT.

16. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Geo

Geo Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2012
      Honestly very social before and now that im just in my house i feel depressed and just not caring for life anymore since this t is just taking a toll in me and the level of it its crazy that i hear over everything it takes the happiness out of everything and i dont see myslef being locked in myslef months to come either this sucks but just going outside im gona cause a spike especially since my street is pretty loud with the cars or even just driving somewere is difficult ... Cant believe this is ehat my life is now crazy how doctors make T like its nothing that bad its a torture and living hell for anyone that has it really loud not mild...

17. Pilot
      Mellow

Pilot Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      December, 2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      They make hearing protection for gun ranges that allow low level sounds in, like talking, but block out sudden loud noises. A friend showed me his, I think they were MSA, they are an electronic headset. When I put them on I could hear ambient sounds and talking, but when he clapped his hands right next to my ear they blocked it out. They might help. Maybe a treatment center can help you at home if you contact them, it sounds like your H might be leading to a fear of sounds, worth a shot.