Tinnitus — What Should I Do?

Discussion in 'Support' started by hoper, Oct 2, 2014.

1. hoper
      Lonely

hoper Member

Tinnitus Since:
      -
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      -
      hi everbody

i am 24, from austria and have tinnitus since 7 weeks.

i woke up bathed in sweat, fast heartbeat and shaky. (i dont know why)
      after 30 min i came down, lay to bed want to sleep and suddenly i hear a ringing :(

i had a infusion therapy with cortisone, 3 packs of sonosan, and stimulating the blood flow drugs.

my tinnitus has changed really often. sometimes i think i hear it only on the right ear...

on friday i have to go to a tinnitus-psychologist.

what should i do? i have a hospital here that tests AM101. i dont know what is that. should i wait for a few weeks befor i go to the hospital to take it?

sometimes i read in the internet there is coming a drug in 5 years to cure a tinnitus:
      http://www.fotos-hochladen.net/uploads/img4453uw1nmx6fik.png
      http://www.fotos-hochladen.net/uploads/img44544kja60bcp7.png
      do you think is that true?

thank you very much

2. jonathanvg
      No Mood

jonathanvg Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      hey , i would sign up for AM101 it has good results if you get the medicine

3. rtwombly
      Bookworm

rtwombly Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      The signs are good for a cure (or at least an effective treatment) very soon. But as a newbie, you should be all means try AM101. It has a very short window of effectiveness, so you don't get a second chance. If you can't get in or it doesn't help, don't worry, the drugs in development now will help much older cases.

Even if the wait is longer than we all want it to be, you can look forward to your sounds settling down to something more stable. It doesn't flip-flop forever.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      hoper
      Lonely

hoper Member

Tinnitus Since:
      -
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      -
      :thankyousign:

question is.. when they are on the market...

AM101: i was on the homepage (http://www.tinnitus-study.info/) and it says i do not comply with the criterias because my T was not cause the trigger is unknown....

5. MichaelM
      Chatty

MichaelM Member

Tinnitus Since:
      mild since ´90 ´s. severe ->2013 on
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere´s Disease/acoustic trauma?
      7 weeks? There is still a great chance that your T will fade away for good. it is not chronic yet.
      Try to relax (can someone actually do it?). From Austria? Have you visit Kehlsteinhaus in Bavaria?
      Nice scenery, very relaxed atmosphere. I was there a month ago, that is the reason for my recommendation.
      Up there i felt almost normal with just the gentle wind blowing and my ears ringing like donnerwetter.

between the lines: i am desparate enough to travel to mountains to see if the altitude helps. it doesnt seem to. But i love mountains and we dont have ´em here.

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      hoper
      Lonely

hoper Member

Tinnitus Since:
      -
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      -
      i live in vienna. kehlsteinhaus is at the border to germany and i do not have a car.
      i really try to relax so good as i can.
      yes exactly 7 weeks or 49 days.

7. MichaelM
      Chatty

MichaelM Member

Tinnitus Since:
      mild since ´90 ´s. severe ->2013 on
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere´s Disease/acoustic trauma?
      That was just an idea... the place is absolutely stunning. i found it very relaxing.
      It is good to talk to someone. In person, i mean.
      I have seen doctors, psychiatrists, psychiatric nurse, psychologist...

some "colour noises" might help. I find pink noise very pleasant. Try to find your own colour.
      usually when i am alone i listen to this. it doesnt mask my T completely but i find this one the best for me so far.
      Boeing 777-300 Cabin Sound 11.5 hours....

8. rtwombly
      Bookworm

rtwombly Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Sorry my friend. They told me the same thing many months ago when I tried.