Tinnitus After Ear Irrigation?

Discussion in 'Support' started by carlos28, Oct 15, 2018.

1. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      Do you feel comfortable posting your audiogram? (mask off your personal info)

2. Arseny
      Wishful

Arseny Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Possibly from problems with blood flow
      The first file is October 11 with masking for the left ear, the second one is November 3 without any masking.
      The tympanogram has been done on October 11 too, I've contacted a doctor online today, he said that I have bad eardrum mobility and negative pressure, and that's not supposed to happen. Maybe it's from allergies/chronic inflammation? He didn't go into any other details, I will be searching for local doctors that might help with this.

Thank you very much.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    3. Arseny
      Wishful

Arseny Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Possibly from problems with blood flow
      Hello again,
      I just came back from a new ENT who was very professional and tried to get down to the cause of my tinnitus.

He looked at my eardrums and he said that they are physically sucked in. He asked me to pinch my nose with my fingers and blow to create pressure. When I did this he said that my eardrum didn't move at all!
      I didn't feel any popping or anything and he said it wasn't normal. After the doctor at home I noticed both my ears started clicking when I swallow. Any my very high pitch hiss turned into more of a high pitch white noise. I can't say if it's good or bad.
      He told me that I might have ETD due to various reasons including chronic sinus inflammation, bad nose airflow and allergies.
      He put me on antihistamines, steroid nasal spray and told me to do pneumomassage of the tympanic membrane, electrophoresis with Hyaluronidase (Lydase) and come back within a week. Previous doctor suggested the same, but he didn't notice anything except scars on the eardrums.

Do you think I might have ETD? Could it be the culprit of tinnitus in my case?

Thank you.

• Hug Hug x 1
    4. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      Clearly if your ear drums are not moving when you exert pressure on them it can have an influence on your hearing (hearing loss) and, by association, tinnitus.

I'd take that as good news and explore further. It's a good lead to work on with your doc.

Good luck!

5. MuffinMan
      Alienated

MuffinMan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      29/8/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown, started the moment I woke up from a nightmare.
      Weird, I have this sound, like a fridge running.

It got bit louder last Saturday when my gf accidently kissed on my ear opening.

6. Loki0625

Loki0625 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear irrigation
      Hello everyone,

About 2 weeks ago I went to the doctor for a yearly checkup when he said I had earwax built up in my left ear. The Dr used a spray bottle (Elephant ear washer) to try to flush it out, which he referred to as irrigation. It was uncomfortable, but not painful and was kind of loud.

Ever since then, I've had tinnitus. It's like static in my ear. The best comparison is an old TV set giving off static. Sometimes it seems louder and other times likes it's getting better, but it's been a constant annoyance and has been really bumming me out.

I'm just curious if anyone else has had any experience with this or any success with tinnitus going away after getting your ears irrigated.

7. Contrast
      No Mood

Contrast Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      In rare causes irrigation to remove ear wax causes permanent hearing damage by harming hair cells.
      http://www.tinnitusjournal.com/arti...resulting-from-cerumen-removal-procedures.pdf

You need to realize tinnitus is a symptom and the underlying cause is damage to the inner ear, also take note you could take legal action for the ENT damaging your hearing. If your case is a success consider donating all the money to bio-medical research to restore hearing and reverse tinnitus.