Tinnitus After Electric Shock in Ear?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by burakh264, May 23, 2017.

1. burakh264
      Asleep

burakh264 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      electric shock
      Hi everyone.

I am new in this forum. Just about one month before, while i was listening music at night, i got shocked electrically from my headphone in my left ear. At first, i didn't notice and it seemed to impinge no adverse effects but after removing my headphones, intense pain in my head together with T came out. First day, it was horrible but i thought that it would go away. I took a shower and waited to decrease. But no. On the second day, i explicitly realized that i had both T and H. I wish i had used a more qualified headphone...i am still waiting to come back to my normal life with the habituation process if i am lucky. Is there anyone whose case is similar to me??

I hope that everyone will recover soon. Thanks!

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to the forum. T is bad enough and H adds to the misery. I know how you feel. I had both of them too. But one saving grace is that the type of H which comes from high pitched T tends to fade over time. Mine faded within the year. Hopefully yours will too. Try to protect from loud places but don't overprotect for normal sounds. This will allow the ears to gradually get used to the normal sounds. Take good care. God bless.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      burakh264
      Asleep

burakh264 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      electric shock
      Thanks for the reply Billie.

I use ear plug to protect my ears especially from traffic noise when i am outside. Because it affects me too much. I had a hearing test a month ago and no hearing loss occured. I started to use drug therapies (betahistine and trimetazidin)
      that are originally useful for Meniere Disease on the advice of my ENT Doctor. It decreased the intensity from 8/10 to 5/10 i think.
      MRI scan shows nothing except arachnoid cyst in my brain. I wonder whether it triggers T or not. Maybe seeing a neurosurgeon will be useful for me. But i am not sure.