Tinnitus After Head Trauma

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Jos, Aug 3, 2017.

1. Jos

Jos Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/28/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      head trauma
      Hello everyone. I know what you are talking about now from my own experience:

I was hit by a car in March of this year while riding my bicycle, and suffered a head trauma. After a couple of days I realized that the impact left sounds in my head that fluctuated, but didn't go away. It started as a high frequency beeping sound, alternating to a hissing sound, and varying in strength. Sometimes for 2 days it appears less strong, but then I wake up with again the strong beep or hiss sound remaining the same for 5 to 10 days, followed by another 2 days of less intensity. Even when less strong, I had a numb feeling in my head.

I have been seeing a chiropractor over the past months who helped me get rid of neck and back pain after the accident, but not the tinnitus. Somehow I have the impression that my sleep position at night makes a difference.

I'm now thinking about a visit to a neurologist. Would a neurologist be able to help me?

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. TuneOut

TuneOut Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Worsened 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert
      Hi @Jos. Both a neurologist and an ENT would be a good idea. You want to explore all available options. Did you go to the doctor/hospital following the head trauma?

3. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to the forum. It seems that head trauma or head injury has been cited as a cause for tinnitus. If there is not enough response here in the Introduction area, you can try to post about it on the main support forum. You can also try to do a search on 'head trauma' on all prior discussions on head trauma. This is done by clicking the 'Forum' button at the top, then type head trauma in the search box. Good luck. Take care. God bless.

• Like Like x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jos

Jos Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/28/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      head trauma
      @TuneOut: Thanks for your response! I will visit a neurologist. Yes, I was in the ER following the accident. The CT scan that was made did not show anything serious. I also visited an ENT who gave me a nasal spray. I stopped using it after a few weeks. @billie48 Thanks! I will scan the forum for useful info.