Tinnitus After Middle Ear Infection

Discussion in 'Support' started by Empress27, Sep 14, 2015.

1. Empress27
      Artistic

Empress27 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear Infection
      Anyone got worse tinnitus symptoms after a middle ear infection? My left ear hurt really badly on Friday afternoon with a massive spike in the tinnitus. I was told that my ear drum had a hole in it due to the pressure build up of the infection. Overnight the same thing happened to my right ear. I am currently pretty deaf right now with very loud tinnitus in both ears. I'm having to take time off work which is obviously not ideal. Really struggling with the massive change in noise levels. :( I'm hoping so much that as my deafness goes down the tinnitus will tone down too.

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi Empress27,
      When your ear drums have healed up and infection cleared your ears will settle down again.
      Remember use earplugs washing your hair and in the shower or swimming as will be more prone to infections and might benefit from cotton wool or hood up in cold weather.....lots of love glynis

3. Weswhat

Weswhat Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Hey!
      I recently had a middle ear infection that has recently (today) seem to have dwindled down.
      My T spiked severely as well but has gone back to just about normal levels. Dont worry too much!