Tinnitus and Depression

Discussion in 'Support' started by Carlos1, Feb 17, 2014.

1. cowdodge
      Grumpy

cowdodge Member

Tinnitus Since:
      My tennitus was not brought on by stress as when I first noticed it my life was pretty much in check. No big problems that I can attest too. But it did have a big change on my sleeping habits and short naps. 15 years ago there were no internet sites like this and most ent's didn't want to deal with it. So with no real hope but some Xanax I tried to plow my way through the issues of how to live with the constant noise. I did manage to put the junk on the back burners but it's always there. Two years ago T's started to worsen and now I'm wearing maskers and the anxity levels are really bad. It's hard not to think about how to help yourself as when you have reached the end of the road with your GP who else is there to at least give some directions. I have seen a phycratrist but she was not very understanding and just said to me I have 20 minutes and your time is about up! Well that gal is gone and I'm now waiting for an appointment with another phycratrist and maybe this one might just have a little bit more compassion. Funny I did get an appointment with a younger phycratrist at about the same time I saw the 20 minute doctor and she made me feel upbeat but unfortunately she was moving on and that was that. So no now it's another month or so and hope my new pycratisr will be more understanding and start me up with something to help me with my anxity issues. Tennitus is no fun and I can live without the noise just got to get a handle on the anxity issue.

2. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      @cowdodge
      I am sorry to hear that you are going though a difficult time at the moment. As you are wearing maskers, I just wondered if you have them adjusted correctly? Their volume should be set just below your tinnitus. It is also advisable to use a sound machine by your bedside at night for sound enrichment.

Please read my posts by clicking on the link below which may be of some help.
      All the best

Michael
      https://www.tinnitustalk.com/search/member?user_id=3134&content=thread