Tinnitus and Dizziness

Discussion in 'Support' started by Jamescjl, Oct 27, 2015.

1. Jamescjl

Jamescjl Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2015
      Hi,

Around 3 months ago I started feeling dizzy and spaced out and then a few days later I started with a ringing
      in my ears and since then the tinnitus has got loader and has spiked a few times but has sometimes sounded
      a little better,the dizziness symptoms lifted for a few weeks but stared to feel dizzy and lightheaded again at the end of last week and just feel like I've had a lot to drink 24/7.I saw the ENTS last week and my hearing is fine and my ears are clear and been referred for a MRI scan.I was wondering about menieres but wouldn't my hearing be affected and the doctors say my ears are fine.my doctor says it could be anxiety and have had social anxiety before but nothing like this combination of the tinnitus and the dizziness
      Is really getting difficult and just the not knowing the cause.

Thanks

2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      From what I read, the symptoms of a typical episode of Meniere's Disease might start with a feeling of fullness in your ear, increasing tinnitus and decreasing hearing followed by severe vertigo, often accompanied by nausea and vomiting. Such an episode might last 20 minutes to four hours. According to Markku, @AnnaW is our resident Meniere's expert on TT, as well as @glynis-harbon. If they have not responded to your post, perhaps you can message them on your questions on Meniere's disease. Good luck and God bless.

3. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Thanks bille48.

Hi James,
      Menieres comes with lots of symptoms but not all have to be active.
      Your MRI will check for acoustic neuroma and anything else.
      With Menieres it can take a year or so to diagnose as its a progressive condition .

Symptoms can be,
      Room spins,dizzy,vertigo,bouncy vission,drop attacks,sickness,motion sickness,sometimes headache or eyes twitch,Tinnitus,ear pressure and hearing loss over time.

I have had Menieres a long time now and there are medications to help some of the symptoms.
      I will support you all I can so ask away anything you need to know.....lots of love glynis

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jamescjl

Jamescjl Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2015
      Hi,

Thanks for your replies,how long are episodes generally supposed to last they say
      between 20 mins to a few hours I just ask as I just have a constant dizziness for
      Weeks on end all day it's not like a vertigo sensation where the rooms spinning but
      Constant.Is there anything I can do diet wise I eat pretty well and don't drink alcohol
      or caffeine and this condition could make the tinnitus worse when experience an attack?

Thanks

5. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      You can reduce salt in your diet to help.
      Attacks last a few hours but symptoms can last for days.
      You can ask your doctor about Buccastem tablets ,Betahistine tablets and Proclorperazine tablets as they will help you greatly and stop you feeling dizzy ......lots of love glynis

6. Aaron123

Aaron123 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      00/0000
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Irrelevant
      • Like Like x 1
    7. AnnaW
      Vegged out

AnnaW Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      when you have a constant dizziness like that it could inidcate labrynthitis. i would push for 2nd and 3rd opinions from ENTS and try antivirals and or antibiotics. Just throw drugs at it while you still have your hearing. look up that golfer who went dizzy, he was dx with labyr... and had full recovery with antivirals. I wish I had done antivirals way back when I stillhad hearing.