Tinnitus and Eye Strain

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Ray Jones, Jan 15, 2018.

1. Ray Jones

Ray Jones Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I recently purchased a 55" OLED TV and watch from a viewing distance of almost 3 metres, about the optimum distance according to most professional advisors.

It continues to cause quite severe eye strain although I have had my eyes checked and I have lowered the backlight and brightness among numerous other trials. I only watch HD. The most notable thing however is the increased tinnitus to an almost unbearable level that accompanies the eye strain.

This is most notable the following day after a nights sleep!My previous TV was a 50" LED with the same sound system which gave me no problem with eye strain or tinnitus (having had Tinnitus for 15 years with little variance in sound volume). Any suggestions please?

2. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      It's a new tv, better technology. Possibly you can move the TV further out, also do know that since the tv is bigger, it can make an impact on your eyes. All things are possible. If this problem remains, maybe go back to a smaller tv or possibly get glasses for watching tv. Our eyes are very sensitive and a strain can lead to a headache and it can work our mental system more and that can possibly lead to a louder tinnitus.

Tinnitus is a glitch in the mind/brainwaves, so if your eyes are annoyed...it can possibly annoy your mental system as well. This is just my thought, on the matter, you make your own choices :)

3. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      I think during the day the tv will be ok but in the evening when your eyes get tired and also with artificial light you might find listening to music better for an hour or so give your eyes a rest.
      Love glynis