Tinnitus and Masturbation

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Lucas, Nov 7, 2014.

1. Lucas

Lucas Member

Tinnitus Since:
      I have tinnitus for over 30 years and the cause was masturbation in my youth. I believe it is a result of the related nerve system getting stimulated too often so that it cannot calm down.

Over the years my symptoms got less and less. I felt heat in my spine at waist level, as well as in the scrum, which improves the situation. Now my symptom is almost gone, but I want to share my experience hoping to benefit others.

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Lucas

Lucas Member

Tinnitus Since:
      I meant heat lower spine and scrotum. iPad changed my spelling.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Lucas

Lucas Member

Tinnitus Since:
      I believe too frequent sexual stimulation makes the nerves to be excited for too long and cannot calm down.

4. kharaa
      Depressed

kharaa Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 3rd 2007
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Damage
      That is uh... an interesting theory you have there, :)

• Like Like x 1
    5. RichL
      Inspired

RichL Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      I have heard of this from a female and it might have been on this forum, but wow! would love to know the statistics on this, it's the first,(sorry), second time that i have ever heard of this.

6. dan
      Chatty

dan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      I think this is what caused my tinnitus :sour:

7. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

DebInAustralia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      It's not such a ludicrous notion given that some people experience migraines post orgasm

8. attheedgeofscience
      No Mood

attheedgeofscience Member Podcast Patron Mighty Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Resolved since 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown (medication, head injury)
      I should have brought up this potential etiology of tinnitus while I was having my full day consultation with Prof. Jeanmonod last week.

I would have loved to see his facial expression... :)

• Funny Funny x 3
      • Like Like x 2
    9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Lucas

Lucas Member

Tinnitus Since:
      I based my argument on the following observations
      After I got tinnitus, I always feel agitated, as if I am "high" having sex. I breath hard almost all the time unless I suppress it. My spine feels agitated, as if it is too excited and cannot calm down.
      Improvements in my T once came very quickly and I was almost cured. I did meditation which helped. I felt intense heat in spine at waist level as well as in scrotum, as my situation improved. These areas, I believe, are related to sexual functionality.
      Unfortunately I did not stop masturbation, so tinnitus returned and set in for over 30 years. But during this long period, my situation improved slowly. Each small improvement was accompanied by heating sensation in the above mentioned areas.
      I think my "theory" is not too far stretched. If certain nerve system remain excited for too long, it does not know how to calm down. And somehow this status sends signals up the spine and caused tinnitus.
      In my youth, I often masturbate without ejaculation. As a result, I was in the excited mood for longer time. This I guess also made the situation worse.
      For females, they can sustain much longer period of excitement, which helps to cause the nerves to be excited for too long and cannot calm down.

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Lucas

Lucas Member

Tinnitus Since:
      I am close to the end of my long tinnitus experience, as it is very light now and still improving. I just hope that doctors can add excessive sexual stimulation as a possible cause. With my limited medical knowledge, Tinnitus seems to be the single symptom with the most diverse root causes.
      Even if T is caused by masturbation, it does not mean sex must be banned for this person. I got married, my sexual activity was moderate in frequency during marriage. But I stayed away from excessive stimulation as I did in masturbation.
      If the root cause is indeed sexual related, a change in needed to avoid excessive stimulation. But a healthy sexual relationship can be maintained. Obviously if one does not have a sex partner, cutting masturbation will lead to faster healing.

11. dan
      Chatty

dan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      That's the problem right there.

12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Lucas

Lucas Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Reaching orgasm has an effect to calm down the nerves, which is good.
      But one forum member mentioned she had 60 orgasms in a day, that would not give the nerves any chance to rest.