Tinnitus and Random Noises in Head

Discussion in 'Support' started by jcmotilal98j, Apr 29, 2016.

1. jcmotilal98j

jcmotilal98j Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hello everyone, I've had tinnitus thats a constant ringing in the ears for about 2 months now, I saw the doctor a month ago and said I had a ear infection in my right ear and fluid in the other. I took meds but still have the same symptoms. About two weeks ago, I noticed I keep hearing these random noises different to the ringing in my ears, like ticking, beeping, and sometimes like a machine running. I also have been having neck aches and headaches that go along with it from time to time. Does anyone else have symptoms like this?

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      I would have your ear checked again to see if the infection as gone.
      Also look into neck pain and headaches causing tinnitus..

How can neck problems affect tinnitus?
      Long-term pain and discomfort from conditions in the neck can also aggravate tinnitus in the same way TMJ problems do. Studies have shown that patients who have suffered an injury to the head and neck region, such as from a car accident, or who have neck pain or stiffness for other reasons, such as arthritis, are more likely to experience tinnitus.

Furthermore, there is some scientific evidence to support how the nerve endings in the neck make connections in the hearing centres of the brain, explaining how neck problems may affect tinnitus. Quite often the tinnitus associated with neck injuries may be more severe, and can be combined with other symptoms such as headache, depression, and problems with memory and concentration.

Treatment generally depends on the cause of the neck problem, but the results from treating the underlying neck problem are often good. Treatment options can be discussed with your family doctor, who in some cases will recommend simple measures such as the use of painkillers and physiotherapy. Some people are able to modify their tinnitus by moving their neck. Recently, it has been suggested that in a minority of these individuals, TENS (Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation) can help them with their tinnitus.

Lots of love glynis

• Like Like x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      jcmotilal98j

jcmotilal98j Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Thanks for the reply!