Tinnitus and SIBO (Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth) — Connection!

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by sneakinsally, Nov 14, 2018.

1. sneakinsally

sneakinsally Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/21
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      tbd
      Hi All!

My tinnitus started suddenly about 2 months ago. I wanted to share some information with folks that might help!

So, I was also having other allergy symptoms and stomach symptoms. I go I have got tested for SIBO. I was positive! I have bad bacteria in my small intestine! This was caused my antibiotics and a trip to Greece!

I have SIBO, Dybosis and leaky gut and histamine intolerance!

It's a long road and I just started treatment for SIBO and the above but my ETD and tinnitus has improved.

Basically, the SIBO causes leaky gut and food intolerance's and histamine intolerance. Look up Histamine Intolerance.

So when you eat, it makes you body thinks it's an allergy! And your immune system goes into attack anyways!

I know this isn't for all! But I thought it might help some.

Feel free to reach out to me for questions!

• Like Like x 3
      • Hug Hug x 1
    2. Quiet please
      Balanced

Quiet please Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      May 2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cochlear Endolymphatic Hydrops/Hearing loss
      @sneakinsally That’s pretty interesting. I have noticed my Tinnitus on many occasions gets worse after eating. What are your symptoms & what treatment are you receiving for your SIBO? Thanks!

• Like Like x 2
      • Hug Hug x 1
    3. TinaRuns

TinaRuns Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection / perforation
      Hello! I would greatly appreciate any info.

Do you think your SIBO made your tinnitus worse? Did you ever treat your SIBO and, if so, how? And did your tinnitus get better after the SIBO was treated if it was?