Tinnitus and Sleeplessness

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by tino, Feb 3, 2018.

1. tino

tino Member

Tinnitus Since:
      September 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      I have been diagnosed with tinnitus in the last 6 months I have not yet had a full night's sleep. The tinnitus sound is pulsating and after trying different approaches nothing seems to help. I manage to get few hours with sleeping medication.

Nothing wrong by having cup of coffee a day in the mornings but I have made a caffeine free cocktail of natural herbs with Chamomile, Valerian, Hops, lemon balm, Passion fruit flower, and Green tea it helps to relax me but it does not make me fall sleep.

I have found meditation helpful, by focusing on the ringing of the ears. I am also trying facial grimaces and constantly listening to nature sounds it also helps.

But if any one has any other suggestion as to an alternate to sleeping tablets it would be great.

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      @tino
      Melatonin can help and playing relaxing music.
      If you need anything stronger long term then a low dose Antidepressat for sleep would be a better option than sleeping tablets as they are adictive.
      Love glynis

3. John_415

John_415 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      20-12-2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Hey Tino,
      You could also try:
      - To eat loads of meat and fish 3 hours before bedtime (this works well for me, my source: Timoty Ferris's book: The 4-hour body)
      - Decrease all sugar and carb intake in the evening (I get drowsy when doing this)
      - Lots of exercise during the day (works fairly well for me)
      - Reishi mushroom powder works well for me as well (it increases the length and depth of sleep, it also causes very vivid lucid dreaming, like I dream 3x as much. Anyway see link for some info: http://www.supernutritionlife.com/reishi-mushroom-benefits-and-experiences/
      - Zink suppliment
      - Magnesium suppliment
      - What Glynis said: melatonin, works well. (especially in the short therm this one does wonders for me, in the long term it loses effectiveness and I sleep worse.
      - Very high quality green tea powder from Japan (works a little bit for me)
      Link: https://www.o-cha.com/powdered-sencha.html?category_id=27
      - Darkening the room/ eyemask
      - Warm milk is known to work (works a little bit for me when I tried)

By the way, what are ' facial grimaces'?

Good luck,

John_415

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      tino

tino Member

Tinnitus Since:
      September 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Facial Grimaces from Dc Johnathan Hazell

A test which shows functional changes in the brain. And in some patients who can turn their tinnitus off and on by facial grimaces, you can see what lights up, and it's the limbic system. ( it is making strange faces by exaggerating the way your stretch you facial skin to trigger this action

5. ole gray
      Fine

ole gray Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      vietnam
      My wife saw me making funny faces and said, "what da hell is wrong with you"! I told her I was working on my facial grimaces. She said you're not liquored up are ya?

6. John_415

John_415 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      20-12-2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Allright thanks, il try that as well some time then.