Tinnitus and the Noise of a Child

Discussion in 'Support' started by Kritish Gooriah, Mar 29, 2018.

1. Kritish Gooriah
      Buzzed

Kritish Gooriah Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ear surgery acoustic trauma tmj ETD
      Hello everybody,

I live at my mom's house, since I have the tinnitus. My mother is not really comprehensive: for example, my sister is a very bad mother, if she could get rid of this child, she would do it, sometimes, with a good reason (medical exam...), but she take this opportunity, to leave this child, maybe 4 days per week, since easily 3 months.

I provide for a moving, because I have the impression, the child of my sister worsening my situation (I had a new ear surgery in February): in January, I feel a spike in my tinnitus, I don't know if it's the anxiety or a new acoustic trauma, since my ear surgery with the child of my sister (she screamed loud enough).

My audiogram was better since my primary acoustic trauma and if I reduce my anxiety, I feel a decrease in my tinnitus.

Do you think that the situation is dangerous?

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. PaulBe

PaulBe Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably sound, though never proven
      Children's voices are very harsh on delicate ears because they are weighted to the higher frequencies as an inbuilt survival mechanism. I don't think they do damage so much as they are just very irritating.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Kritish Gooriah
      Buzzed

Kritish Gooriah Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ear surgery acoustic trauma tmj ETD
      Thank for your response, i see my primary doctor tomorrow and i call my ENT tomorrow.

4. SugarMagnolia
      Jaded

SugarMagnolia Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Hi Kritish Gooriah. Can you get some ear muffs to wear when the child is noisy? Even if the situation isn't dangerous, wearing ear muffs might reduce your anxiety.

• Useful Useful x 1
    5. Greg Clarke

Greg Clarke Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2006
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma, Live Music
      Ear muffs when the child is noisy? Come on guys, absolute overkill. Im a father of two, kids noisy yes. Impact on tinnitus = 0