Tinnitus Appeared When I Developed the Worst Stiff Neck, and Had Lots of Stress...

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by PJCIB, Apr 9, 2021.

1. PJCIB

PJCIB Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi everyone,

I am suffering a bit with tinnitus and could use any feedback. I am a musician for about 30 years, rock bands etc. I just got confirmation a few days ago that I have hearing loss. I wasn’t surprised at all. Much of my family has it but no one has tinnitus.

I was absolutely fine. COVID-19 hit and I did stress the hell out. The last year I have been OCD about everything, being that I would be high risk. I lost friends and it was a complete shitshow, plus I was feeling depressed, isolated and lonely recently.

About a month ago I went through a real stress peak as my girl and I had a huge fight and what I noticed is that I started getting ringing ears.

It would come and go but lately it has been consistent.

Another thing to note though, I spent the last 3 months sitting at my desk gaming, maybe 10 hours a day, between work as well, trying to get through the winter here alone. As a result, I developed the worst stiff neck. To the point that I couldn’t rotate my head and still can’t without some pain. This is when I noticed the onset of tinnitus.

I’ve laid off the gaming. I noticed a similarity in that one day my neck cracked and an hour later my tinnitus stopped.

My ENT did say that I have hearing loss but I have never had any issue with that and I haven’t been around anything, music, shows in over a year.

I appreciate any feedback.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. one-light
      Sunshine

one-light Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      stress/adrenalin + forgetting to breathe enough when online
      Yes a lot of stress going on there - especially online gaming if it's fast moving stuff... Try and change things lifestyle wise - walking in nature several time weekly - and breathing the fresh air in, so important - and online, when we stress and focus, it's great if we pace ourselves, and remember to breathe when online, because we forget to, enough that is, we tense up and forget to breathe enough...

Things might calm down then tinnitus wise, good luck...