Tinnitus, Blurry Vision, Visual Snow, Double Vision, Starbursts, and Other Symptoms — I'm Scared

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by TheGopher, Sep 16, 2020.

1. TheGopher

TheGopher Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma?
      Hello.

I have had tinnitus since June 27, 2019.

15 months later it is still there and I am still having a hard time. I never knew this was even humanely possible. I literally came home one day and my left ear got full. I went to my primary care and was diagnosed w/ ear infection. That didn’t help. I went to an ENT. He said it was from acoustic trauma.

I never followed up and now I’m having a lot of other scary symptoms. Blurry vision, visual snow, double vision, starbursts. Also having bad jaw problems, balance issues, facial numbness, facial weakness, and left side of body feels weak.

I am terrified of having an acoustic neuroma.

It’s been 15 months and I haven’t seen a doctor because I don’t want to lose my hearing as I’m only 24.

Any advice? At this point I’m hopeless and really worried that my hearing will be gone or I have some kind of neuro issue going on.

Sorry for the long post. Any advice appreciated.

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. Kendra

Kendra Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      SSNHL/ Acoustic Trauma
      I’d go to your ENT and explain all your symptoms. Especially if they keep getting worse. You won’t really know if there is a serious problem until you get tests done. Know that acoustic neuromas are very rare. Try not to worry.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      TheGopher

TheGopher Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma?
      Thank you for the reply Kendra. I know at the end of the day that’s my only option.

The only thing I’ve done up until this point is hope that my symptoms get better overtime which they haven’t :/ this is all insane.

• Hug Hug x 1
    4. Worriedguy74

Worriedguy74 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      August 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi gopher. I have all the same symptoms. All started at the same time. It's been over a year now. Had MRI scans opthalmology, neurology, blood tests, ECG, X rays, you name it. Only possible diagnosis I've been given is anxiety or some strange variant of migraine. The blurred vision is the worst for me, it's constant along with the tinnitus.