Tinnitus Caused By Hepatitis B Vaccine — Sound Familiar to Anyone?

Discussion in 'Support' started by TinnMan, Feb 1, 2014.

1. TinnMan

TinnMan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2012
      Hello all, newbie here.

About 2 years ago I had received the first part of a Hepatitis B vaccine, the vaccine name is Engerix B, produced by GlaxoSmithKline. I received the vaccine in the afternoon, woke up next day with very high pitched tinnitus, which has continued until this day. As it stands, in the patient information leaflet issued with the vaccine, it is noted that in some very rare cases it COULD cause tinnitus as a side effect.

The tinnitus is CONSTANT, the frequency is very high and fairly stable, although the intensity seems to fluctuate. Other than stress and tiredness, I have not managed to correlate any triggers or habits that might cause the tinnitus to intensify.

I have seen 2 separate ENTs, 2 Neurologists, had two brain and ear MRIs and a CT scan. All findings 'seem' normal. I have just been told to deal with it as there is nothing that can be done about this.

From my own personal tests, it seems the frequency I hear is somewhere in the region of 13500-14500 Hz.

I am looking into going down the Acoustic CR Neuromodulation route, but I am not sure it works for such high frequencies. Has anyone had any positive results with this type of therapy?

If this sounds familiar to anyone, or you have any words of wisdom, please do share.

Thanks!

P.S. - If anyone has any advice regarding possible compensation from my healthcare provider or the vaccine manufacturer, please let me know.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Dominic1955
      Artistic

Dominic1955 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      4/2/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Idiopathic hearing loss
      I have practiced medicine for 36 years and I have given thousands of Hepatitis B immunizations and I never noted tinnitus as a side effect in patients.

Dom

• Like Like x 1
    3. Óscar PP
      Psychedelic

Óscar PP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Nov 2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Coronavirus
      I was thinking about getting the Hepatitits A jab to travel to Vietnam, but reading this stuff makes me wonder if it'd be the best course of action...