Tinnitus Coupled with High-Frequency Sound

Discussion in 'Support' started by Adrienne, Sep 30, 2015.

tinnitus forum
    1. Adrienne

Adrienne Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Hi everyone. By chance has anyone ever heard of tinnitus being paired with random high frequency sounds? It is totally random for me. Most days it's just tinnitus and then every so often I get a high pitched sound out of nowhere. The moment it hits it starts to slowly fade off. But it always scares me so bad and I usually stop whatever I am doing. Does not help my tinnitus anxiety. Anyone? Thanks.
    2. Markku

Markku Director Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame Team Trobalt Team Tech Team Awareness Team Research

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sounds like fleeting tinnitus to me if your episodes are short-lasting:
    3. Adrienne

Adrienne Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Hi Markku,
      Thanks so much. Glad to know I am not the only one. I have had T for years and I've just learned to live with it. Wasn't sure if something was wrong or it was getting worse. Thanks for the link !
      • Hug Hug x 1
    4. suera

suera Member

Tinnitus Since:
      that persistent high frequency sound is what my tinnitus is, what is yours like?
      • Agree Agree x 1
    5. RaZaH

RaZaH Member Benefactor Team Tech

Reykjavík, Iceland
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo + loud noise
      Yeah , me too...constant hi freq T , with the occasional fleeting T at lower freq.
    6. Jose0964

Jose0964 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      I have the low freq sound to and every now and then i get the high pitch sound to but it fades away in a few secs