Tinnitus E-Programme Experiences

Discussion in 'Research News' started by Steve, May 26, 2016.

1. Steve
      Creative

Steve Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Flu, Noise-induced, Jaw trauma
      Has anyone tried the tinnitus e-programme? See below from Kate Greenwell, she is looking at the effectiveness of the programme so needs input from anyone who has ever looked at it:

Dear Members,

I am contacting you to invite you to take part in my PhD research project at NIHR Nottingham Hearing Biomedical Research Unit and the University of Nottingham: “Evaluating the Tinnitus E-Programme and Internet-delivered Tinnitus Management”.

I am looking for people who have visited the Tinnitus E-Programme website (www.tinnituseprogramme.org) and who are:

1. Over 18 years of age

2. Able to access and use the internet

3. Able to read English

If you choose to take part, you will be asked to complete an internet survey about your experiences of using the programme. The survey will take between 15-30 minutes to complete and will ask:

1. How you used the website

2. Whether you decided to use the Tinnitus E-Programme

3. If and how it helped you

I am keen to hear from everyone who has visited the programme’s website, even if you chose not to use the programme or used only a small part of it. Your feedback will help us to improve tinnitus programmes delivered over the internet for future users.

If you would like to take part, please click on the following link to find out more information access the survey: http://www.tinnituseprogramme.org/Research.html

The survey will close on Friday 10th June, midnight (GMT).

Please do not hesitate to contact me on msxkg1@nottingham.ac.uk if you have any questions or problems with accessing the survey.

Many thanks!

Kate Greenwell

PhD Student at University of Nottingham

2. volsung37

volsung37 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Sounds interesting. Will look into this.

3. Kate G

Kate G Member

Tinnitus Since:
      N/A
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      N/A
      • Like Like x 1
    4. Kate G

Kate G Member

Tinnitus Since:
      N/A
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      N/A
      Hi everyone,

Just a reminder that my survey closes this week on Friday 10th June, midnight (GMT). I am looking to hear from adults who:
      1) have completed or started the Tinnitus E-Programme;
      2) visited the website (http://www.tinnituseprogramme.org) but decided not to use the Tinnitus E-Programme.

If you have recently started the Tinnitus E-Programme but do not think you will finish it before the survey close date, then I would ask you to complete the survey now and share your experiences so far.

To complete the survey or find out more information, go to http://www.tinnituseprogramme.org/Research.html

Many thanks!

Kate

• Like Like x 1
    5. MartinH
      Angry

MartinH Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who Knows?
      Hello All,
      I just saw a post from a couple years ago asking for feedback on the "Tinnitus E-Programme" and was wondering if anyone had tried it. I live in a remote area and I don't have access to a cognitive behavior therapy professional and was wondering if anyone had any feedback on it.

Thanks!

6. SilentQ1989
      Caffeine

SilentQ1989 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert - standing very close to the stage
      @MartinH - No, I have not tried it. I did look at the website and it seems like it would take a lot of time and involvement to get the most out of it, which I do not have time for right now :/