Tinnitus Family: Is My Spike Stress or Noise Induced?

Discussion in 'Support' started by spikedears, Nov 23, 2018.

1. spikedears

spikedears Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert and stress
      Got told today that my dog only has days to live (had her 9 years and she is like a sibling to me). All day my head has been all over the place.

I had to collect from the hospital today. A friend drove me. I was wearing plugs and muffs as didn’t want anything to worsen. As we left the hospital I felt like a plug moved slightly in my ear. I didn’t stop the car though and so drove the last 15 minutes with this (perhaps) partially moved earplug and muffs. My tinnitus is roaring now.

Do you think this is noise induced or stress induced, or a combination of the two?

Thinking I should have stopped the car. Maybe my mind is focusing on tinnitus to not think of the real pain of my dog dying in the next few days.

Please help. Please, I need some rational help.

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      So sorry for this. It hits me badly when I hear stories like these. my neighbor just had to put his dog down and it bothers me a lot. I have struggles with my dogs as they are sick and I have to constantly fight with the pharmacy to refill their meds. The stress this brings, can annoy the crap out of the tinnitus. You are in my thoughts for sure!

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    3. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      @spikedears ,
      I think it's due to your sad news and totally understand how you must be feeling.
      I nursed my dog all through the night with his head on my legs and told him I loved him and stroked him and told him it was his time to go .......
      Spend these last few days together,few photos and lots of loves.

love glynis

• Hug Hug x 2
      • Like Like x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      spikedears

spikedears Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert and stress
      Thanks guys. Just looking into her eyes and hugging her and it breaks my heart. She isn’t in pain, but she’s sedate and tired and hanging on. She’s looking at me like she knows it’ll soon be time.

I can’t imagine being without her. I got her after a bereavement and she helped me so much. Just can’t stop crying. Hate the thought that this louder T is robbing focus from her as well. Bastard condition

• Hug Hug x 3
    5. Starthrower
      Wtf

Starthrower Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2002
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Dental Surgery
      @spikedears first I am so very sorry about your beloved dog. Our little furry friends depend on us to make the right decisions when it is needed. It hurts to the core of the soul. I understand.

I do think your tinnitus is stress and grief related right now. Take time to care for yourself. I do not believe the car ride from hospital would cause any damage. But, it is normal to think this way at times. Do not place blame on yourself. Things just - happen sometimes.

• Hug Hug x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1