Tinnitus for 3 Weeks Now. Please Help! I Need Advice :(

Discussion in 'Support' started by lissaharold, Jan 1, 2016.

1. lissaharold

lissaharold Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      hi everyone!. I hope everyone is doing well. I just wanted to truly ask for good advice on tinnitus. I feel like this drives me insane. I want to remain positive but it is so hard. I don't know if this will ever get better or not. so please can someone lead me through the right path? I hear different stories and approaches and it only makes me more confused. I have went to the doctor like 5 times already ( GP ), and he discovered i have low iron levels, I as well listened to loud music before this started, but I never listened to loud music for 8 hours daily but I guess my ears are too sensitive. I just need some help on how to keep on coping with this, I have no idea what to do ..... :(

• Hug Hug x 3
    2. ceauses97
      Speechless

ceauses97 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/12/15
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud music/chemotherapy/hypercalcemia
      i'm sorry to hear that youre struggling. I got tinnititus myself only 1 month ago, and been to several ENT doctors since. mine is also most likely caused by listenting to loud music with my headphones. Do you suffer from any hearling loss? if not, there is a good chance your tinnitus will fade away on its own. I've been told it takes time for the body to heal, so you just got to be patience. I know its hard, cause I'm not doing so well myself, but I keep hoping it will be gone soon. And I'm sure your tinnitus will be gone as well.

in the mean time, you need to relax, and let your ears get some relief. try to eat healthier. keep away from sugar, caffeine or food with to much salt. remember to drink a lot of water. i dont know if you take any vitamins, but b12 has helped me a lot.

and dont read to much on the internet, you will only find those 1 % of the scary stories that have noting to with the reality. tinnitus is a common problem, and most people experience tinnitus at some point in their life. in fact, it is relatively rare for it to develop into a chronic problem. It will most likely fade away. just give it time, and you will be fine. take care

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    3. spime
      Alienated

spime Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/11/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      8+hrs in an Outdoor Gun Range
      I recently got tinnitus Dec 11, 2015. Mine is noise induced tinnitus.

I go through emotions such as anxiety, depression, and helplessness. Denial and reluctant acceptance to the fact that this might be permanent. My doctors tell me time will help but reading many experiences with T on the internet shows me time does not help many. I am mentally drained and spacing out while at work and me trying to not focus on the T leads me to listen more.

What has helped me is spending time with family and friends or keeping busy at work. When I spend time with people, I try not to mention tinnitus or the ringing. What is most annoying though is that I miss parts of conversations or have to have others repeat themselves because I lose focus because of the ringing. The worst is when I am about to sleep when the ringing feels like its at its worst. I have been having difficulty sleeping -since the Tinnitus onset - I have been getting erratic sleep. Melatonin works for like 3 hours then I wake up in the middle of the night.

I am new to this. I feel kind of sad, confused, depressed. You have my deepest sympathies. My best advice - that worked for me is to spend time with people or keep busy and to NOT focus on the ringing.

• Like Like x 2
    4. John G

John G Member

@lissaharold Hang in there. Give it more time and don't stress about it. Keep yourself busy so you don't think about it.

• Like Like x 1
    5. noisebox
      Loved

noisebox Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      West End show. Came back 2015 vitamin D overdose prescribed
      If you have been to,d you are life w on iron that is good news as anaemia can tinnitus, I don't know why but it may be due to the oxygen moves around the body being hampered by lie haemoglobin. The first this is be positive and get that treated, it will take above a month for levels to rise. You are very early days so it has a very good chance of just going on its own.
      But as well as take iron avoid loud noise, no headphones or earbuds, be kind to your ears with nature sounds. Try get good sleep and avoid stress if you can.

6. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi @lissaharold ,
      You have had some good advice already.
      Low iron can cause tinnitus so that's easily fixed.
      Try not play music loud and if wear earplugs to listen to music it can irritate your ears and cause tinnitus for some people so have them on the lowest setting possible or avoid them altogether .

Invest in some noise reduction earplugs and keep them handy if need them.
      Your ears are telling you they are not happy around loud sound so be careful as your tinnitus has every chance in going and you don't wan't to risk it being permanent. Take care..lots of love glynis

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      lissaharold

lissaharold Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      @ceauses97 I'm sorry to hear you are going through this as well. :(. I'm not too sure if i have any hearing loss, because I seem to be able to hear the slightness noise around me, every noise seems to hurt my ears -_-. This is so stressful since university adds up to my stress.
      Regardless of my diet, I never have drink coffee in my life, I try to eat healthy, exercise everyday and keep my self relax, but T is so annoying. :/
      At first I have to admit, I came across all the sad stories and only made me depressed and anxious, but I am trying to not do much research online about T. I truly wish and hope that your T goes away, take care as well!. Thank you so much for taking the time to answer my post and giving my advice :)! very much appreciated.

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      lissaharold

lissaharold Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      @spime Every single thing you just mentioned, I have and I'm still experiencing. I couldn't agree more with you. Trying not to focus on it makes me focus n it even more. And what I've done this past 3 weeks is to be around lots of friends and family, avoid loud places at all costs. I used to love silence so much, now all I have is a constant hissing sound at night or when I have to study alone. :/. Don't worry I have high hopes that this will be gone, for you don't give up to the beautiful thought of having silence again in your life. It's funny how we don't really pay attention to silence until its gone. And I guess we are buddies since I exactly got this on Dec 11 too. Thank you for replying to my post ! I totally understand your pain, you are not alone :)!

• Hug Hug x 1
    9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      lissaharold

lissaharold Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      Thank you so much @John G ! I try, trust me I do. Your positivity and support is always very helpful to me. :D

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      lissaharold

lissaharold Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      @noisebox Yes I was told by my doctor that T and dizziness could be caused by my low iron levels. Thank you for letting me know how long it takes for iron levels to raise since I didn't know it ! :). I am trying to get my normal sleep and avoid loud noises at all costs. Thank you so much for the reply! it was very helpful :D.

11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      lissaharold

lissaharold Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      @glynis Thank you so much for your support! :). I am banned for life from loud noises, I totally stopped wearing earphones and earbuds since this started. Your advice is very helpful, I just hope I didn't cause any permanent damage to my ears, I recently bought this noise reducing earplugs that I wear around noisy places. Thank you again for your support and taking the time to reply to my post :) !.

• Like Like x 1