Tinnitus for 6 Days After Clubbing

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by leo17, Jul 28, 2017.

1. leo17

leo17 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      22/07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      I'm 19 years old and I'm a man.
      I had just left a club that had a loud sound after a few hours. My two ears ached and the tinnitus was too loud. Besides my ear seemed to be sensitive.

I went to the doctor, did the exams and I did not have hearing loss. The left ear is much better but the right still hurts and seems to be clogged and sensitive.

The tinnitus decreased, especially in the left ear.

What's the chance of them getting back to normal?

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      • Like Like x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      leo17

leo17 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      22/07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      I think the noise has decresead a bit, I do not have so much trouble sleeping, the problem is staying asleep, I wake up 3 or 4 times at night, any tips for that. Besides, my doctor said it could be a stapedius reflex, something like a muscle cramp. How long do I have until it is confirmed permanent? Will I be able to sleep 8 hours again? How much will this affect my academic life? thanks

4. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      You might consider asking your doctor for a prescription of amitriptyline (10 mg pills). I used it as a sleeping aid in my acute stage. It is non-addictive and I didn't feel drowsy the next morning.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      leo17

leo17 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      22/07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      10 days and the sound is lower, the whistle now looks like a pressure cooker, it still bothers me to sleep since I wake up several times in the evening. The pain has subsided a lot, the sensation of clogging also. I think Hyperacusis is over, too. But today I went to an ENT and he told me that it is unlikely that the noise stops, besides he wanted to sell me a trt therapy and a laiser treatment. I'm really scared at the moment .

He prescribed prednisolone for me

Thanks bill for always replying me

6. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      You never know with tinnitus. It might fade and get lower or it could be the same level or increase. Protecting your ears is key in this situation. Give it some time and see how things go...

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      leo17

leo17 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      22/07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      14 days and still buzzing, but much lower, I feel a pressure now near the nose, it seems that there is something going from ear to nose, I wake up to every sleep cycle, that is, every 1 hour and 30 minutes. There are days when I do 3 night cycles and 1 afternoon cycle or 4 cycles a night. It seems that the whistle has diminished a lot or even disappeared. The buzzing sounds like a blistering noise now, it must be by the pressure difference. When I'm on the pc I do not even notice the noise

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      leo17

leo17 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      22/07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      Unfortunately the buzzing continues, today I was half crooked on one wall and the buzzing went to the other ear, then returned to the place as I sat up straight. I feel a very strong pressure on my nose, it seems like it's going to explode, I do not know what else to do. I'm considering climbing a mountain