Tinnitus for a Year, Zinc Seems to Be Helping with My Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by MikeV, Jun 28, 2017.

1. MikeV

MikeV Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi everyone. I'm new to the forum, so if I do not follow all the accepted protocol, you will have to let me know.

My T started up about 1 year ago. Pretty intense, both ears but seemed mostly in my left ear. High pitched tone. Reminds me of when I was a kid going to rock concerts and the high pitch sound afterward. I'm 61 years old. I would say that my T would occur on average 2 out of 3 days, or 66% of the time. So, there would be days of relief, but more often than not, the T was there and it would get very intese. Needless to say, I was frustrated and irritated, and beginning to get desparate.

After searching the various forums and listening to long-term sufferers that had been to doctors, tried various tinnitus formulas purchased online which didn't work, and recognizing that the probablility of the medical industry basically had no cure, I decided to try Ginko Biloba. I was taking 240 mg every day (120 in the morning, 120 at night) and kept this up for about 3 months. No improvement.

I then decided to give Zinc a try. What an improvement. I still get T at about the same frequency, perhaps a little less meaning the time where I don't have T may have extended a little. But, the intensity has definitely decreased and has made it manageable. I take 100 mg in the morning, another 50 mg in the middle of the day, and another 50 mg before bed. I will say that I am still taking Ginko (about 120 mg per day) "just in case" it is the combination that is helping. IDK. But, for me... Zinc supplements have helped tremendously.

Now, all this could be coincidental. Only way to know for sure is to stop taking Zinc altogether. I'm not willing to do that since I do not want the strong episodes of T to return.

Anyway, you might want to give it a try. I would say that it took about 1-1/2 to 2 weeks to start noticing the improvement. But I have been taking Zinc for about 3 to 4 months now, and for me.. it seems to have helped. Good luck with your T, and let me know if taking Zinc has improved your situation.

-Mike

• Like Like x 2
      • Useful Useful x 1
    2. PMc
      Creative

PMc Member

Manchester, England (now living in Lincolnshire)
      Tinnitus Since:
      05/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely due to antibiotics after a major operation
      Bless you, Mike, for wanting to share your trials and experiences with us.

As far as I can see, there's absolutely nothing wrong with your protocol .. I'm just so pleased that you've taken the trouble to offer your findings with us.

I do hope that those improvements continue and that the intensity of your T will decrease more and more as time goes by.

As well as the Zinc that you have started taking, I would be very pleased if you would also allow me to add you to my prayer-list, which you could count on ... that is 500 mg of prayer morning & night!

With all best wishes to you and your family, Mike ... take lots of care

Paul

• Like Like x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      MikeV

MikeV Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Thank you Paul. Best wishes to you and your family, as well. Please feel free to add me to your prayer list :)

• Like Like x 2
    4. PMc
      Creative

PMc Member

Manchester, England (now living in Lincolnshire)
      Tinnitus Since:
      05/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely due to antibiotics after a major operation
      Thanks, Mike ... that will be an absolute pleasure for me and my wife!

Truly hope that all goes well with you ... We're in this together and your post shows you have a good heart that wants to help others.

Paul