Tinnitus from AirPods — Scared They Caused a Tumor (from the Radiation)

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Jadon, Mar 18, 2020.

1. Jadon

Jadon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4 days ago
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Airpods
      I have recently been using AirPods but I’ve stopped.

Now I’m scared that I may have caused a tumor from the radiation. I know this sounds ridiculous but someone tell me what I need to do.

I have been using AirPods for like 2 weeks and now I have tinnitus.

2. Pawel1
      No Mood

Pawel1 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud bang
      I've never heard of anyone getting tumor from using headphones/earphones. In my opinion, it could be continuous sound exposure or acoustic trauma that has caused your tinnitus. But, it could be something else, like medications, or cleaning your ears with ear buds... Maybe you have ear infection from the AirPods? I suggest going to the doctor with your tinnitus, and you will hopefully get a referral for an appointment with ENT doctor. Sorry, I don't want to overcomplicate my answer.

3. Jack Straw
      Balanced

Jack Straw Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      1990s
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Infection, Acoustic Trauma
      I am 100% sure that you do not have a tumor caused by AirPods radiation after two weeks of use.

If you were listening to music at excessive levels, it may have caused temporary tinnitus. Don't listen to music at a loud volume anymore.

Please see a doctor and discuss tinnitus and your anxiety about this "tumor".

• Like Like x 1