Tinnitus from Blowing My Nose?

Discussion in 'Support' started by MisterMystery, Sep 26, 2014.

1. MisterMystery

MisterMystery Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2014
      I developed tinnitus in my left ear back in February. It's usually low frequency and sounds like static. I got simply got used to it, and it doesn't bother me much anymore. Until last month or the month before, I'd have "fleeting tinnitus" in either ear for about 10 seconds, two to three times per week. That seems to have stopped. (Knock on wood.)

Within the last few days, I've developed tinnitus in my right ear. It's also low frequency but sounds like a tuning fork. I can't understand why I now have tinnitus in my right ear. I'm depressed because I never thought I'd get used to tinnitus in the left ear, but I did, only to develop it in the right ear. The only recent life changes I can think of are the following:

1. A couple of weeks ago, I pinched a nerve in my neck and had painful muscle spams for several days. I didn't notice any change in my tinnitus. My neck now feels fine.

2. Last week, I backed my car into a high curb at about 5 to 10 mph and was slightly shaken up. I was a little stiff in my mid-back and less so in my neck. I felt normal the next day. I didn't notice a change in my tinnitus.

3. A few days ago, some jerk in the racketball court at the gym screamed when he lost. I was right outside the racketball court, but the racketball court amplifies sound, so when this guy screamed, it sounded like someone was roaring in my ears! I didn't notice a change in my tinnitus, although my anxiety level went off the chart.

4. Yesterday, I blew my nose and felt a very brief pain in my right ear. The pain went away instantly. When I went to my garage, which is very quiet, I heard the "tuning fork" sound in my right ear. I did, and do, have a moderate feeling of "fullness" in my right ear.

Any thoughts? Any encouragement? I greatly appreciate your input.

2. Mr. Cartman
      Artistic

Mr. Cartman Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Hi :)

I got this sensation of fullness in my ears after my neck took a little beating.. Also tinnitus joined shortly after.. In my case, I suspect neck issues..

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      MisterMystery

MisterMystery Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2014
      Did the tinnitus ever subside?

4. Mr. Cartman
      Artistic

Mr. Cartman Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Its not as bad as it was, but its still there.. Hopefully it will subside in a while :)

5. Tommurphy345

Tommurphy345 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Hi. I have the same issue as you how is your situation? How loud was the tinitus compared to now?