Tinnitus from Car Accident in 2014

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Annwane, Mar 18, 2017.

1. Annwane

Annwane Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I believe it was when I was in a car accident with my uncle
      I was a passenger in the front seat when another car hit right between both side doors and there was a very loud noise. I was taken to hospital and examined as I had back surgery in 2012 and they were taking precautions. The impact was very forceful and I remember hearing the very loud noise.

Later that evening I started hearing the ringing in my ears and just thought it would go away but now I still have it and sometimes it is so loud I can't stand it. I did go to my doctor and she sent me for hearing test and that came out as slight loss but said due to age!! I get tired of everything being put down to Age.

They said nothing about the ringing!

I had no issues with my hearing or ringing before the accident.

Now I am just looking for advise how to make this go away or mask it as I find it effecting my concentration and even my balance?? When I am alone it is definitely very loud.

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Welcome to Tinnitus Talk @Annwane .
      I have just read your story and wonder if audiology can help you with White noise generators or hearing aids .
      The crash sound could cause your tinnitus or even a neck problem .

Sound therapy through the night can help your brain build up its natural filter and help you go longer in the day not noticing your tinnitus.
      Keep natural sounds through out the night set below your tinnitus and pillow speakers work best not earphones...
      Keep posting for support...lots of love glynis

3. LeQuack
      Gloomy

LeQuack Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bad luck and bad genes
      Was the loud noise because of the air bags? They're very loud.

4. The Red Viper
      Curious

The Red Viper Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 15, 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Current Theory: Neck injury (Tendonitis @ trap/SCM junction)
      I'm slightly biased in my viewpoint here, but can't rule out some kind of whiplash effect. A lot of nerves in the neck area that run very close to the auditory nerve.

Attached Files:

5. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      If it hasn't gone away already, then there is a slim chance it will go away. If you want to mask it , then start listening to waterfall sounds or white noise at low levels and not too loud. I just got a hearing aid and just wear it in the house because of the white noise machine, it has in it. It is very therapeutic.

Don't give up, life is still beautiful :)

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    6. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      My tinnitus is horrible , I mean its at a level 10 and it sucks, but im still living my life....