Tinnitus from Eustachian Tube Dysfunction?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Asvalian, Dec 26, 2015.

1. Asvalian
      Chatty

Asvalian Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      25/10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown at the moment, prob hearing lost/stress.
      Since the day I got T I haven't been able "unpop" my left ear, nothing seems to work, opening my mouth, yawning, not even when perfoming valsalva.

Do you have any problems to unpop you ear when you perform valsalvaa? I mean, even with T can you still unpop your ears?

I'm just really curious since everyone I ask around me can unpop them (while performing valsava) without any problem, while I can't and I thinks it's very suspicious, that, and the fact that I can hear a crackling noise (only in my left ear) when I swallow or open my mouth. My aunt has T aswell but that doesn't stop her from poping her ears with valsalva. I would appreciate if anyone could share if even with T, they can unpop their ears without any problem.

Thank you

2. Zorro!
      Wtf

Zorro! Member

I've never been able to "pop" or "un-pop" my ears.

3. John G

John G Member

@Asvalian I also can't unpop my left ear. The right one I can do,but it clogs up right away after I pop it. Have you been to an ENT?. I was given some nasal spray 2 days ago to use for a month and then I will have a follow-up. May be a "possible" eustechian tube problem.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    4. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      I definitely would not try keep popping your ears as could do more harm than good.
      See your doctor and he or she might prescribe ear or nose drops to help unblock your tubes......lots of love glynis

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Informative Informative x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Asvalian
      Chatty

Tinnitus Since:
      25/10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thanks for the responses, I was just curious about it.

6. Zorro!
      Wtf

Zorro! Member

I'm just curious. What is the benefit of "popping" your ears? How does it help?

7. John G

John G Member

I believe it's not good to pop your ears doing the maneuvers that people read on the internet.At least , that is what I was told by my ENT doc.

• Agree Agree x 1
    8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Asvalian
      Chatty

Tinnitus Since:
      25/10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Before I got T I used to do that if I felt that my ears had a sensation of fullness, usually doing that would remova that.

• Informative Informative x 1
    9. NineNails

NineNails Member

That's a muscle that moves the tympanic membrane.

If you can't open the Eustachian tube you might very likely have under- or overpressure in the tympanic cavity which usually causes temporary T for there's pressure on the cochlea.

10. John G

John G Member

Has anybody noticed any improvements in their eustechian tube problems while using nasal spray?. I have only been on the spray for only 5 days so far, and havn't noticed any change....yet

11. Poyraz

Poyraz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      February 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzos, Stress, Anxiety, Loud Music, Jaw Problems. Who knows
      This is exactly what I'm been wondering about.

12. Hariz Nonis
      Loved

Hariz Nonis Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown

@John G I've used a nasal spray for two straight months before, but it didn't do anything much. Idk, you might be given a different nasal spray from what I used, with different ingredients, so I don't know how that might work out for you

13. John G

John G Member

Its possible a different type may help but I hate spending on stuff that may not work. I have done alot of that useless type of spending haha