Tinnitus from Infected Molar — After Root Canal My Tinnitus Is Down to Non-Noticeable Level

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by ThomasOfAmerica, Oct 20, 2017.

1. ThomasOfAmerica

ThomasOfAmerica Member

Tinnitus Since:
      one year ago roughly
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Perhaps a tooth infection
      I got a root canal for an infection that I had no idea could be causing the tinnitus. And my tinnitus is now down to a non-noticeable level. I have had constant ringing for about a year. The day before I had the procedure, I had finally come to realize that my life wouldn't be that much better if it had silence in it and that I probably would have this ringing for the rest of my life, but that my life would still be as okay as it would have been. Finally, a kind of acceptance. Then the next day I'm practically cured, unexpectedly.

Just thought I'd post to let people scrolling by know that it might be in your teeth. Also I wanted to tell people that things can get better even after you've lost hope, whether the ringing stops or not.

• Like Like x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    2. MBH

MBH Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Overloaded stress
      I had a root canal and when they put on crown 3 days later T came along. I told the dentist and she took off the crown put a temp on. 4 doc told me it was a coincidence. 3 months of T now I have to go back due to the dentist thinks now might be botch root canal and cracked molar. So now I'm worried with the additional work I need to do will it make my T worse. I find out soon. I'm glad your T is better and I'm glad to learn it can come from dental, otherwise I had no idea. But I'm sure for me the damage is done.

3. Honey

Honey Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/01/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      I had an infected molar and had root canal last Friday. It's since then that the T has gone very bad. With earplugs it goes which is weird? Also if I move my head to the right it eases off a bit

4. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

DebInAustralia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      ive had 3 root canals...removal of amalgams...molar extraction...with no impact on my t whatsoever

5. Zok

Zok Member

Tinnitus Since:
      not sure, likely 10+years
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      don't know maybe loud sounds
      No impact for me in T as well - except for possible neuropathic pain because of that.