Tinnitus From Masturbation

Discussion in 'Dr. Stephen Nagler (MD)' started by Penelope33, Apr 2, 2014.

1. Dr. Nagler is not answering questions.
    Dismiss Notice
    1. Penelope33
      Torn

Penelope33 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      October 2013
      Hi there, this is a very embarrassing topic for me. How my tinnitus started, well I got depressed and as my feel good I began to mastubate, not just once or twice but excessively. As a female I was mastubating upto 50 times a day for about 3 weeks and tinnitus gradually set in. I had no idea that what I was doing would cause this so carried on. Now I have white noise in both ears as well as ringing as well as buzzing. Have you known any other cases or am I a freak? How may what I have done caused it in your opinion. Thank you for reading. From a very upset and embarrassed lady

• Funny Funny x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    2. Dr. Nagler

Dr. Nagler Member Clinician Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1994
      Can masturbation cause tinnitus?

Well, I don't know about tinnitus - but when I was growing up in the 1950s, my mother told me that masturbation can definitely cause warts and blindness! Scared the spit out of me, 'cause I was pretty good at it!!! OK, sorry. Couldn't resist.

So here's the deal. I guess that from a physiological standpoint, the repeated episodes of increased intracranial pressure that might be expected to accompany multiple orgasms could do it, but I have never heard of such a case. More likely is that the depression (i.e., mental anguish) that led you to masturbate so much in the first place played a role in the emergence of your tinnitus - similar to the way some law students can first develop tinnitus when studying for the bar exam or how it can emerge in folks going through a nasty divorce. Mental anguish has definitely been associated with subsequent tinnitus onset.

Are you a freak? Hell no. You are refreshingly candid and definitely not boring. If you are a freak, then the world could do with a lot more freaks.

All the best -

Dr. Stephen Nagler

• Like Like x 6