Tinnitus from Vaping?

Discussion in 'Support' started by d3m1tha, Mar 11, 2017.

1. d3m1tha

d3m1tha Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1 week
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Vaping
      I think I got tinnitus from vaping, I started vaping a month back, while I was vaping I got this sound in my ears "Keeeeo" I didn't mind it that time I kept on vaping hoping it would stop, it didn't.

Now before this I remember if I have alcohol I would get this same kinda ring in my ears, but it goes away after a nap. I'm kinda worried here, if this is permanent I will go crazy.

Do you guys think this is permanent? and what caused this? I have stopped vaping for now.

2. Elliott.S
      Doubtful

Elliott.S Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music practice - Attending loud concerts
      I've been vaping for 4 years now, it never had any impact.

You might want to check your nicotine doses though.

I know one frequent mistake when you quit smoking and start vaping is overdosing nicotine. This is pretty common, as you want to feel the same hit going through your throat, so you either vape too much, or with too heavy nicotine doses.

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. yonkapin

yonkapin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2012
      Avoid using propylene glycol when you vaporize - use VG instead. Propylene can supposedly be ototoxic when you vape - have a google on the subject.

4. Chris Texas

Chris Texas Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Vaping/propylene glycol
      I vaped for a couple of years, stopped a few days ago due to persistent tinnitus, ear and tooth pain. I attribute all to vaping. Many who vape will disagree, but my left ear had been feeling weird for weeks before I quit, and the tinnitus started some time before that. I think that vaping somehow led to an infection of my left inner ear that inflamed the nerve that runs along my jawline, causing my left lower rearmost molar to hurt when I chewed. My left inner ear had felt wet inside for a couple of weeks before the pain started. I did what passes for research nowadays, and found a few threads linking propylene glycol, vaping, and tinnitus.

It’s anecdotal and unscientific, but the pain has subsided substantially since I started taking antibiotics a couple of days ago and stopped vaping entirely. I don’t have a history of tinnitus. Never had to deal with it until recently. I’m not a doctor, don’t pretend to be one. But I’m convinced vaping caused my ear and tooth pain, and also caused the tinnitus. So I stopped.