Tinnitus Gone After Being on Vacation for a Week

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Draug, Jul 7, 2019.

1. Draug

Draug Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hello.

I had tinnitus for almost a year, but it suddenly went away after being in the sun for a week.

I normally live in the northern hemisphere where there is not that much sun, in the northern Norway.

I went to Creta, Greece for a week on vacation, and when I came home my tinnitus was gone or rather significantly reduced.

• Like Like x 2
      • Winner Winner x 2
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    2. JohnAdams
      Starving

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      it started.
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      hearing loss
      way to go!

3. Mister Muso
      Disappointed

Mister Muso Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2007 and spiking since April 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud concerts & bruxism/ETD/who knows
      That's great! Mine sometimes disappears for the first two or three days of a holiday but then it comes back again

Hopefully this year. Going from Scotland to the south of Italy

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    4. Digital Doc

Digital Doc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise induced
      The pattern that has emerged for me has been that my tinnitus improves when I am off, and also gets worse when I go to work. I am not sure why that is as my job is not generally noisy, and am not sure if this is more stress related.

5. spedgas
      Gloomy

spedgas Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I have the same experience. My days off are much more tolerable. I work in surgical operating rooms all day. There is lots of noise, but nothing that's at a harmful level. I hear the tinnitus over all that noise. Somehow subconsciously it really stresses me out and really makes it ring.

• Like Like x 1
    6. GSC
      Owned

GSC Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma.
      Maybe you're deficient in Vitamin D?

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Good Question Good Question x 1
    7. Snake
      Scared

Snake Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Long term playing computer games on headphones.
      Maybe the pressure?

8. Lane

Lane Member

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ototoxic Drug
      A lot of factors can potentially be involved when a change of location leads to changes in tinnitus. Some that come to mind: 1) In the case where one is exposed to more sunshine, it could lead to an increase in Vit. D,. and a corresponding improvement in immune function, which could have the potential to improve low-grade infections in the body.

Other factors could include: 2) Less stress; 3) Less exposure to certain environmental toxins, including molds, fungi, and other airborne allergens; 4) Less emf exposure; 5) Spending less time on tinnitus forums, and giving our psyche a chance to somewhat recover and reorient itself'; and a few other factors besides.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    9. Steve0

Steve0 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ?
      Yeah I agree about Vit D comments, I am on D supplements currently as my D is low (hasn't helped yet, my T has been hell lately).

Be interesting to see if your T stays low now you are home.. I also went away for a week soon after my T started up really badly and mine went away too .. it came back within a day of returning home though ... we think it's EMF from a new communications tower next to the house ..... or atleast that's the base of it.

• Like Like x 2