Tinnitus "Imitating" the Sounds That I Hear?

Discussion in 'Support' started by hentzku, Jun 15, 2019.

1. hentzku

hentzku Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown, probably noise exposure
      Hello! I am new to here so I don't know exactly how this works but I'll try... Let me tell you about my tinnitus and problem with it.

So, my tinnitus started over 3 years ago. It has had bad times and better times. A couple days ago started a REALLY annoying time. My tinnitus suddenly went worse on my right ear. I couldn't hear anything with it in over a day. The next morning the loud tinnitus was left (on my left year the tinnitus isn't so bad now). Today the tinnitus has started to "imitate" the sounds that I hear. It gots louder when I hear any real noises. It kind of tries to "cover" the real sound by being louder than it. When the real sound stops, the tinnitus suddenly stops and the hissing sound that I've always had is left. This has happened over a day now and it only happens when I hear real noises.

So, has anyone else had a tinnitus type like that? How did you manage to stop it "imitating" the real noises, if it ever stopped in the first place?

2. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I've read many posts by people describing what you had described above...

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      hentzku

hentzku Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Oh, sorry, I haven't really read about tinnitus. I am really afraid that the hearing of the right ear is getting worse... How quickly can it get worse without doing anything that could have caused it? Why is only the right ear like this? :( Do you have any suggestions of what I should do?

4. Earing
      No Mood

Earing Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise
      You should see an ear doctor ASAP. I have read if you can get a course of steroids when your hearing gets worse it may save it.

5. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      hentzku

hentzku Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      My hearing got back but it is improving slowly. Could it be because of I hear "new" voice on it so it covers all the other noises?

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      hentzku

hentzku Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Wooops, I meant that I hear new noise, not voice! That would be actually creepy :eek:

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      hentzku

hentzku Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      My mom told me that I shouldn't go to the doctor for this, she is a nurse so should I listen to her or not? (I am 17 if that matters somehow)