Tinnitus-ing in London~

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Orea, Mar 16, 2014.

1. Orea

Orea Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Hello kindred T's

I first was crushed by tinnitus in 2008. I was flying every month from Portland Oregon to London every month. I dived into acupuncture, yoga and chanting and after several months was able to tune it out until year or two later I stopped noticing it unless I was super tired.

Then on February 5th and bam! Out of nowhere hell returns with a vengeance~OH MY GOD!
      It was quadrophonic multi-tiered, multi tonal accompanied with heat rushes like sunstroke up and down my spine. I was even mildly hallucinating.
      No sleep, lost 10+ lbs and couldn't function at all. To pour salt in the wound my beloved cat of 18 years died in my arms.
      I began to get some relief from osteopathy and ayurvedic diet/herbal remedies and loads of Ginkgo.
      Masking with crickets at night help me sleep albeit alone as my partner needs total silence.

I am now two weeks into my neuromodulator which I have high hopes for.
      http://www.thetinnitusclinic.co.uk/tinnitus-treatment/acoustic-neuromodulation/

I have noticed a shifting of sound and sometimes it's even louder but fades in back down to normal volume.

Is anyone else using this technology? I would love to hear any stories about it as it's fairly new.

Thank you all for your presence here!

2. Steve
      Creative

Steve Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Flu, Noise-induced, Jaw trauma
      Hi Orea,

Welcome to the forum.

Was there anything that you can think of that might have made it flare up again? Anything in yourself, a lifestyle change, stress, health issue?

I had used the Neuromodulation device as part of the UK trial, it made me worse but I got the impression from the people running the trial that I was an isolated case. To be honest I think that it was down to the earphones they used, I'm really uncomfortable with things sticking in my ear and ear buds make my T worse.

The shifting sensation you get is supposed to be a sign of the therapy working, but the doctor giving you it will be far better placed than I am to verify that.

Check out these threads for some more info and experiences with Neuromodulation:

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/acoustic-cr®-neuromodulation-a-new-treatment-for-tinnitus.219/

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/acoustic-cr®-neuromodulation-do-it-yourself-guide.1469/

Steve

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Orea

Orea Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Thanks for your response~ and yes!

I was admitted to the hospital in early January for pneumonia like symptoms and was given intravenous antibiotics as well as table take-homes. My doctor increased my Synthoid by 50% and voila 4 weeks I'm ringing like crazy.
      I have since been advised to come off synthoid and detox my liver all which feel great.

As for my device, I too hate things in my ears but these guys are super small and I barely notice them.

I will check these links~
      Have you come across any evidence around electromagnetic frequency sensitivity and tinnitus?

I am chanting for all of us to hear the sounds of Peace.

Linda :)

4. Steve
      Creative

Steve Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Flu, Noise-induced, Jaw trauma
      Definitely continue with anything that makes you feel great, that's one of the battles to win over T.

Some antibiotics are ototoxic (toxic to the ear) and a few people here have had issues with thyroid making theirs louder. So the combination of the 2 could very well be the root cause of your recent spike. If so then it should hopefully decrease back down, but any help that you can give it to do that is good.

I can't say that I know much about any effect of electro magnetic frequencies, but I have wondered about visiting the quiet zone in the USA just to see if anything happens to my T http://www.theguardian.com/world/ga...a-towns-where-wifi-and-cell-phones-are-banned

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Orea

Orea Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      I think you should go to Virginia as part your research!

If a link could be made there be such a portal of opportunity to help people.
      If EMF's can effect migratory birds and insects especially bees in such a disruptive way then it would sense that it trigger our brains in some way,

Check out the film Resonance: Beings of Frequency~
      Resonance Beings of Frequency documentary film...

The sound of the EMF's reminds me of my more gruelling tinnitus!

I am going to the Amazon in April and will completely off grid for 2 weeks so I will report back as well~

Linda

6. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Hi, Linda,

I'm sorry your tinnitus has gotten so much worse recently. I'm on Synthroid, too, and I think there may be something to your increase in meds and the worsened tinnitus. I've since gone to a new doctor, who decreased my Synthroid dosage, and I believe it helped my tinnitus calm down somewhat.

I also have pulsatile tinnitus that started when I took a blood pressure drug. I believe that the drugs and the changes in our tinnitus may definitely be related.

Hoping that getting off the drug plus a liver detox will help to calm your tinnitus!

Best wishes,
      Karen

• Like Like x 1
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Orea

Orea Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Thanks Karen~ I am working towards coming off completely by calming my immune system and doing seaweed tinctures and Ayurvedic herbs...
      I believe we must treat the whole body to alleviate tinnitus.

I wish the very best and full healing for you, too!

• Like Like x 2