Tinnitus Is All Over the Place

Discussion in 'Support' started by Logan, Jan 4, 2016.

1. Logan
      Stressed

Logan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      So I've been recently getting over being pretty sick, I was really congested and had an ear infection. Since I started getting sick two or three weeks ago my tinnitus has increased and every time it starts getting better it gets worse again. The pitch keeps randomly changing too. I've been using a nasal spray I was prescribed to help drain the fluid from my ears but I'm not sure if it's working or not. I still feel kinda congested but I'm a lot better than I was two weeks ago. I don't know why my tinnitus keeps changing volume and pitch, it's been driving me crazy. I was finally getting better and my tinnitus didn't bother me as much and now it's been hard for me to even fall asleep some nights and I haven't had trouble with that in years. I was supposed to see an ENT today but than something came up and I had to cancel it unfortunately. Have any of you had anything happen like this when you were sick? Did the spike eventually settle down?

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi Logan,
      When you have had a infection your ears are the last to settle down and can take a few weeks to get better.
      Tinnitus can change in sound and strength any time and quite normal when your tubes are full of mucous after a infection.

You could try steam inhalation to help you with a bowl of hot water and a towel over your head and breath in the steam.
      Your doctor might give you something else to try..
      lots of love Glynis

• Like Like x 1