Tinnitus Is Changing in Pitch. Having Panic Attacks. I Really Want to Die.

Discussion in 'Support' started by Maithe Marshall, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Hudson
      Cowboy

Hudson Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      It is true that we are here for support. While the way the advice was suggested could have been better, I agree with LadyDi. Maithe, from what I have read in your posts you are experiencing the crushing anxiety that can happen with tinnitus when it first hits. It elicits a very strong fight or flight response in your brain. The only problem is, there's no flight from this problem. I agree with LadyDi that you should see a psychiatrist or your primary care doctor about your crushing anxiety issues as soon as possible. They can help with that at least. Your primary care doctor may be able to help you quicker, but for psychiatric issues (such as anxiety) it's best to see a psychiatrist. They are usually quite busy folks and the wait to see one of them can be quite long.

I'm not a doctor but the symptoms you have described to me all point to anxiety issues. Getting help with the anxiety is a huge step in dealing with tinnitus at first. Really, discuss that with your doctor and find out what he or she has to say about it. Being strong for you and your family means admitting to yourself that you might be experiencing anxiety along with your tinnitus (which is totally understandable!) and that you can and should seek at least the advice of a professional. In this country (and many others I suspect) people have a stigma against going to a psychological professional or being treated in that fashion. Those treatment options exist for the very reasons you're experiencing right now. Tackling your issues one by one, such as getting the ear infections cleared up, addressing your anxiety, etc. will also make you feel more in control of the situation.

Just my two cents.

2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      I am sure most of the members posting here are selfless, caring, compassionate individuals. I admire and applaud all of you. Let's move on in unity to help out the struggling newer T sufferers.

• Agree Agree x 2
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Maithe Marshall
      Gloomy

Maithe Marshall Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Last week.
      It's honestly okay, I know last night was a very bad night for me. Being alone has been hard lately. It's also hard because every dr appt I've been to they tell me different things which have been very frustrating:mad:
      I feel a lot better today even though I hear the T. I have been keeping myself busy.

@citigirl13 you have fluid in your ears?
      Whenever I open my mouth I hear a roaring sound...wonder if that's fluid or from the infection. Do you have that?

4. citigirl13
      Happy

citigirl13 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      17/1/14
      Not when I open mouth but I have it when I block my ears. Have the doctors seen the fluid? No doctor has said they could see mine but when I am sleeping I lie on my side and I can hear it sloshing in my ears. I can also feel if moving. Can you hear it when you lie on your side?

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Maithe Marshall
      Gloomy

Maithe Marshall Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Last week.
      I feel like a thumping vibration...not sure what that is:(
      Yes on the 2nd time to the er the dr said he saw fluid!

• Like Like x 1
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Maithe Marshall
      Gloomy

Maithe Marshall Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Last week.
    7. Amelia
      Daring

Amelia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2013
      Just caught up on this thread and have to say ... Your little girl is gorgeous @Maithe Marshall !!!

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Maithe Marshall
      Gloomy

Maithe Marshall Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Last week.
      Thank you!:)

• Like Like x 1
    9. Hudson
      Cowboy

Hudson Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Hey, look at it this way: at least you have a husband and a beautiful daughter! I have a cat and live alone, all the time in the world to think about things.

Sometimes we tinnitus folks need to count our blessings. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Maithe Marshall
      Gloomy

Maithe Marshall Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Last week.
      Thank you, I do count my blessings. It's just hard when you have no idea of what's going on with your body. That unknown feeling. But I understand..it could be worse.

11. Marias21
      Busy

Marias21 Member

Cause of Tinnitus:
      allergies
      if you T changest all the time it must be a ear infection or sinuse my T change all the time too in the begging i was like you sleepless night with really high T and always litsenting to it ( i have to admit i still do even tho mine is almost 80% gone ) dont give up

12. Philip Cardone

Philip Cardone Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Hi Mathie
      I got my T in 1991 when I was in the service. You don't have to worry as T will not kill you but when you first get it it does drive you nuts as it did me. I can tell you after all these years of having T I found some things that seemed to help.
      • I avoid caffeine
      • I try to avoid antibiotics
      • I don't use sleeping meds at all
      • I try to avoid loud noises
      I found one thing that helps me. I get a radio with earphones and tune it in between stations so you can hear the hissing and I then turn up the volume until I can't hear the ringing anymore. Sometimes this works for me.
      I hope it works out and I will pray that your T gets better

• Agree Agree x 1
    13. citigirl13
      Happy

citigirl13 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      17/1/14
      Hey Maithe

I also have a thumping feeling sometimes. Can I ask, is it along with your pulse? I occasionally have pulsating T, but it doesn't bother me. If it isn't then it's probably the same as mine. Unfortunately I don't know what it is - it might be my ear trying to get rid of the fluid.

I think yours is def temporary. Don't worry - unfortunately you'll have to bear it for the moment. But I believe yours will go

14. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Maithe Marshall
      Gloomy

Maithe Marshall Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Last week.

It feels like my eardrum is moving, is that how yours sounds? And I went to the we yesterday was told they see pus and fluid in both ears.

15. carol kane
      Wishful

carol kane Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/13
      Hey Maithe, from what i've heard please don't let them try and syringe your ears, for now leave them alone!!!

16. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Maithe Marshall
      Gloomy

Maithe Marshall Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Last week.
      Oh I won't! I heard bad things about that:/ so I won't! Is using q-tips okay?

17. carol kane
      Wishful

carol kane Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/13
      I would say no!! just leave your ears alone honey, your meds will do their job ... let them try and recover, how are you today?

18. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Maithe Marshall
      Gloomy

Maithe Marshall Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Last week.
      I
      im okay I stopped taking biaxin yesterday and got amoxacillian today. My ears ache, ringing still, and hurt:/ but I think it's because the dr said there is pus and fluid.

19. citigirl13
      Happy

citigirl13 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      17/1/14
      I have fluid but not pus. In my opinion that is a definite sign yours are infected, so the antibiotics will help and all being well the ringing should go once the infection clears. Don't freak out if the ringing doesn't clear immediately - sometimes T can take a little while to clear up, but I really think your T will go. And yeah, sometimes my ear feels like it is moving - I can feel it throbbing at times.

Also please never put anything in your ears. Ears clean themselves and putting something in your ear is a good way to cause a blockage. Let the antibiotics do their work. You sound like you are doing well which is good. :)

• Hug Hug x 1
    20. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Maithe Marshall
      Gloomy

Maithe Marshall Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Last week.
      Thank you..I really hope it does go away..the dr said a day ago she saw lots of pus and fluid so in hoping that's why. But I guess I won't know until after ten days.

21. citigirl13
      Happy

citigirl13 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      17/1/14
      It's annoying to have to wait, isn't it? But it will get better and I don't think they would say they could see pus/fluid if they didn't. Can I ask, if you touched the area on your neck just below your ears, does that feel a little sore/tender if you touch it? I was talking to a doctor and was going through symptoms and he mentioned that and I was like "Omigod yes!" That is a symptom of fluid in the ear.

Don't worry if you don't have it though. I looked online and it said sometimes people don't get any symptom of fluid build-up in the ear while some people get tons. I reckon yours has become infected which is the reason for the pus. Hopefully after 10 days it will calm down and your T will go.

22. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Maithe Marshall
      Gloomy

Maithe Marshall Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Last week.
      Yes it is sore! I just felt it! It was just annoying because no drs saw the infection ( my dad says it was probably too deep and taking prednisone lowers your immune so that made it worse probably) hence the pus.

I hope it goes away and that everything is solved my ears are so Annoying right now..my ear drum feels like it's dancing ( moving) around from time to time and I get a clicking sound when I talk at times. I read somewhere that's because the Eustachian tubes are blocked or something along those lines. Just very stressful -_-

I'm nervous that the fluid won't leave my ears :/

23. citigirl13
      Happy

citigirl13 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      17/1/14
      I spoke to my doctor and he said that the fluid gets absorbed into the ear, so that eventually it will clear. I reckon once the infection has cleared that is what will happen - either that or it will come out of your ear (gross I know). But even if the fluid doesn't leave my doctor said that what they can do is put a hole in the eardrum to get the fluid to leak out. Honestly I'm not keen on that, but if the fluid and noise doesn't go away then it will be something to consider. He told me to wait until mid-April because he says this usually clears up on it's own and just to give it time.

I guess what I'm trying to say is there is a way to get the fluid out of your ears, so it will go. Tinnitus is trickier, but in theory once our ears are better the noise should disappear too. I hope that is the case.

• Agree Agree x 1