Tinnitus Is Saving My Life

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by JohnnyMx, Feb 19, 2015.

1. JohnnyMx
      Sunshine

JohnnyMx Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Apr/2013
      Hi to everyone, I have been reading this forum for about a month, and now I join as a member to share experiences.

3 years ago, i was in a really bad situation: I had to close my business, my wife and I were going to divorce, my weight was about 360 pounds! alot of health problems, high blood preassure, pre-diabetic, bad joint pain, depression, tons of stress and anxiety... my life was caos.

I had a very slight Tinnitus since when i was in highschool (im now 32), mainly because my love for music, my chronic sinus, and slight hyperacusis since when i was a child (nice combination).

Then, suddenly it started in 2013, this new level of sound (maybe because of many years of stress, my ear problems for years, dont know, I'm still in the process of a DX). My life changed. First, more anxiety, depression, I thought my life was over, I really cried, i did.

But, in that moment, i was already a father of a little pretty boy, so i decided to fight back.

In this 2 years, i have had some spikes, that move my floor for days, but then I habituate again. I started a healthy life, healthy food, I have lost more than 90 pounds and i keep losing weight (just stalled in Christmas seasons), i dont have high blood pressure anymore, i have normal sugar levels, normal cholesterol.

My wife and I, are better than ever, she is now pregnant and i'm gonna be father for second time. I started to work again.

I won't lie, i still have days when my floor moves so hard because of spikes, I can hear it over the TV, over most environment sound, just can mask it sometimes in the shower, going to the beach, but i work hard to habituate, and return to my path.

That is my story, and hope we all can figure out how to handle this little tricky boy called Tinnitus.

• Like Like x 5
      • Winner Winner x 4
      • Funny Funny x 1
    2. kmohoruk
      Nerdy

kmohoruk Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2005
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Noise, Ear Infection, TMJ
      Wow man, that's a hell of a good way of looking at it! I'm glad that you were able to use it to motivate you in such an awesome way! Keep it up :)

3. James White
      Anime

James White Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Maybe loud music. Not sure.
      For some parts, tinnitus had a positive effect on me. The other way around because i've gained nearly 30 pounds doing lots of sport, i'm also much more active than before

the problem is i had to adapt some of my activites like going to concerts, playing loud blues rock on my gibson is finished unfortunately... even without tinnitus, playing loud music isn't doing any good so...

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    4. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Hi Johnny, that is surely quite an unexpected but positive change to your life after T. T can be habituated at some point for many people, but a healthy life style correcting many life-threatening health conditions is not something many will be willing to do. If T forces you to change your life style and diet, that is surely some positives about your T. Congrats and welcome.

• Like Like x 1
    5. Teri
      Caffeine

Teri Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      4/2014
      Welcome...I love your positive "spin" on T.