Tinnitus Is the Worst Problem I've Ever Encountered!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by JudyM, Sep 4, 2019.

1. Bobby Sinatra

Bobby Sinatra Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ambien Windrawal Suspected
      Been blessed with tinnitus since October 2019... don't have a direct reason but will not go into it here. Reading many posts here, one common thing appears: most don't have a direct cause for it and are picking here and there at what might have happened. But no one really mentions spiritual or existential factors on this whole site... I think this may be a very valid but under-discussed reason for a lot of people's tinnitus here. Because this condition feels like something is clearly out of balance...

OP @JudyM, can you possible give us a background of your life in the months or years leading up to your tinnitus. Speak from a place of intuition, did you feel like you were on a right patch in life? Were there any warning signs that you may have overlooked... let's dig deeper... because I believe this may bring us closer to some sort of a solution.

2. Tybs

Tybs Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Fall from stairs
      I've had my own share of encounters with ENT's, but to be fair, my issues with them has never included bringing physical harm. Most in my area seem to at least know what tests nót to do.

They're quite clueless when the tinnitus case is not a hearing issue though... I mean, it's fine that they don't have detailed knowledge outside their profession, but my first ENT could have at least told me that there áre cases out there which don't find their origin in the ears. Had I simply listened to him and stopped doing my own research about the subject, then I would never have connected my symptoms to the neck and it would never have been treated. Who knows what issues that might have caused later on...

• Like Like x 1
    3. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Single 25 mg dose of (anticholinergic) drug Promethazine
      Hi @Bobby Sinatra -- I think in terms of spiritual factors all the time, but I don't post my thoughts too often. It seems most people aren't too interested in this kind of discussion. Some even seem to think it's "funny", and feel some kind of need to give these kinds of posts a rating of "funny".

I find that unfortunate, as it seems to have a chilling effect on people here even mentioning spiritual factors, which I think are very important. I don't think too often in terms of spiritual factors causing tinnitus, but more so in how they might affect our ability or unability to cope with it.