Tinnitus Left Ear 3 Weeks Now

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by grace1209, Mar 4, 2015.

1. grace1209

grace1209 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3 weeks
      Hi, i have been experiencing ringing in my left ear since 3 weeks. It was louder but now is more quiet. However, i visited 2 ent doctors and both of them did the hearing test wich showed normal and some other check ups. One of these ent doctors suggested to do a Mri scan, the other not. i have had a MRI with contrast over a year ago and it was clear. Should I do another MRI? Could this be an acoustic neuroma? I have no hearing loss.. Please help, i need some advice! Im freaking out ...

2. Ricky81
      Worried

Ricky81 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      July 14, 2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Assault/Contusion/Ear Infection
      Well did you have some type of head injury or ear infection or exposed to loud sound since your last mri?

Mri won't hurt, but not sure if it's necessary if you just got one a year ago and you didn't bang your head on a wall or something.

Also did you get an inner ear mri last year? Or brain mri?
      For T, you should get both mris.

3. Antonio

Antonio Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear fatigue
      It can also be due to high threshold level deficiency. I don't have any hear loss too, but you know, if you have been exposed to loud levels in the past, it might have damaged your hear ability to withstand high volumes. Therefore, the tinnitus could have started albeit no normal hearing loss is observable.

Look at this article: http://www.actiononhearingloss.org....st-blog/tinnitus-and-hidden-hearing-loss.aspx

And don't freak out for the tumor. If you had one, you would have terrible headaches as well as blurry vision sometimes, with loss of sensitivity. usually, you know if you're in trouble ;)!

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      grace1209

grace1209 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3 weeks
      I did have an MRI of the brain! It was clear. I never had any head injury, i do have history of migraines and I also have a stuffy nose all the time and sinus pain time to time.. I have a cousin she is a doctor and she told me its nOt necessary to do the mri cuz if u had a tumor it would have shown on the first mri.. However some other doctors know how to freak you out.. Im trying to relax and not care too much, if there is any tumor like acoustic neuroma i would have other symtoms as well (trying to calm myself) lol..
      I am not exposed to loud sounds all the time but i do live close to the subway and the trains are really loud and there is alot of cold wind! Could be from the wind i dont know..
      Thank you guys!

5. Antonio

Antonio Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear fatigue
      Yeah, don't look further. It's very likely that subways destroyed your ears. Many people in noisy towns suffer of this. You know, your ears are constantly dealing with sounds: cars, screams, siren, people talking, walking, transportations, etc. In the end, it kills you :p!