Tinnitus Made Me More Compassionate

Discussion in 'Support' started by Philososound541, Jul 11, 2017.

1. Philososound541

Philososound541 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/13/2001
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Azithromycin
      Having tinnitus is so hard to live with. Everyday is a battle to enjoy life. I see so many people around me not aware of the pain that Tinnitus is. Having noise in your head with no rhyme or reason is just unbearable.

It's frightening to realize that it will never go away. But something happens when I realize that the pain of an eternal sound is purging me to see the fragility of life.

I wonder do other people realize how good they really have it without the ringing? Well, that doesn't matter because I am all alone in this tinnitus journey, because no two tinnitus sufferers are alike.

I don't want tinnitus, but I don't really have a choice. Life is too short to waste a minute of my time on this ringing. I have a life to live. I have compassion to give to others, and to myself. I give myself compassion because I didn't choose to have this incurable tinnitus.

• Hug Hug x 4
      • Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    2. Bobbie7
      Wishful

Bobbie7 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Extreme stress, sinus infection
      I see @Philososound541 - You have your tinnitus for a long time and even though you, like each of us, hate this condition you are certainly doing your best to enjoy your Life and have a very constructive and optimistic outlook which I do admire.

I suppose most who choose to be in a quiet room to collect themselves or just relax and listen to some light music do take for granted their wonderful silence. Who can possibly imagine having tinnitus? I know we may think of different possible health scenarios from time to time but THIS??? I would imagine this malady is far from anyone's thoughts. Be that as it may, we have it, must accept it, do the best we can by virtue of trying to learn as much as possible, then make informed decisions about which modality of treatment (medical assisstance/self-treatment) is best and forge ahead with our lives as you are and also to realize we are not entirely alone as we are in this wonderful forum which offers understanding and compassion.

To rage on does no good and only fuels the fire of our discontentment and further exacerbates our condition.

Sending best wishes.

• Like Like x 1
    3. Sean

Sean Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01-01-2011
      @PHILOSOUND541. I feel your pain. I have Tinnitus from 2011 and some days are really tough for me. Luckily it doesnt bother me most of the days ( today is an exception)
      I hope there is cure in near future.

• Like Like x 1