Tinnitus Neuromodulation Video Provided Relief (Tinnitus from 4-5/10 to a 1/10)

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by GrumpCat, May 26, 2020.

1. GrumpCat

GrumpCat Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      SSRI (Vraylar)
      Warning:
      Some members say they have experienced a worsening in their tinnitus and/or hyperacusis after listening to the below audio. Please be mindful of the volume and proceed with caution, at your own risk.

I have been going crazy since my SSRI gave me horrible tinnitus, I mean just plain life altering tinnitus. I've been scouring the web for some sort of relief.

Well I came across some random person's post on the tinnitus subreddit:

4 Hours of High Pitched Tinnitus...

I didn't expect anything, however after listening to it for 2 minutes I took my headphones off ... and my tinnitus had gone from a 4/10-5/10 to a 1/10. I went on a walk... and just enjoyed the silence.

I made an account just to post this, I hope it helps someone else.

• Like Like x 4
      • Winner Winner x 2
    2. Forever hopeful
      Disappointed

Forever hopeful Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2015 resolved, 4/20 L ear, increase 2/21
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      2015,noise,2020-21 SNHL
      Thank for your post. I do hope you get some improvement soon.
      Vraylar is not an SSRI. It is an atypical antipsychotic. I hope your prescriber did not lead to to believe you were on an SSRI. It has a completely different chemical compound and far more serious side effects than an SSRI.

3. Mister Muso
      No Mood

Mister Muso Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2011 / April 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      There are many such videos on YouTube, apps and elsewhere. It's a case of trying them out and seeing what works.

Personally I have to say I find this particular one a bit loud and harsh, but I'm glad it works for you. Probably my hyperacusis reacting, so anyone trying it out, do ensure you turn your volume down to the minimum before pressing Play. I've lost count of how many times I've forgotten to do that myself.

For me the personalised sound files from the website HushTinnitus.com were a great investment.

• Like Like x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    4. Lizards
      Pooptoast

Lizards Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/21/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I highly discourage anyone from trying this, or anything else like it. These don't work, and can even be detrimental to your recovery. If this was an effective method of treating tinnitus, audiologists would've capitalized on this a long time ago.

Seriously, don't try it.

• Like Like x 3
      • Agree Agree x 2
      • Winner Winner x 1
    5. AnyName

AnyName Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Jan 7th 2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I think this was the second night I had tinnitus, I read that someone listened to this the entire night and woke up to no tinnitus.

I wanted to try it since it did give me momentary relief after listening for a few minutes. I put in earbuds and played it at the lowest volume. Fell asleep but woke up an hour later and I had the worst anxiety I have ever experienced. I immediately turned it off and ended up falling back asleep somehow. I felt really shaken the whole next day. I won't try it again.

• Agree Agree x 1
    6. buttercake

buttercake Guest

This is how my tinnitus began. Please be careful.

• Informative Informative x 1
    7. AnyName

AnyName Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Jan 7th 2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      How exactly did your tinnitus happen? Did you not have it at all before, and then you listened to this and it never went away?

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    8. buttercake

buttercake Guest

Not with this specific video, but my tinnitus was likely caused by listening to white noise through headphones while sleeping. I did it several times throughout a month. I am pretty pretty sure that this was the culprit because one week prior the actual onset I had some tinnitus (after doing that same action) that resolved itself after 24 hours. I probably fried some high frequency... I have been stuck with this for 50 days with little to no improvement.

I don't think I had tinnitus before, even mild. It never happened to me not even after (the very few) concerts in my teens.

• Hug Hug x 1
    9. DingDong

DingDong Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Exposure
      I'd stay away from this video.

This is how I worsened my tinnitus.

My tinnitus was barely audible.
      But I obsessed over it.
      So I tried to completely get rid of it.

Listened to this for 5 minutes... and fried some high frequencies.

My tinnitus is now 12 kHz in both ears.

Really unbearable.

• Hug Hug x 3
    10. Ben Winders
      Pensive

Ben Winders Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic
      So you put it at 85 dB and listened to it for hours?

11. DingDong

DingDong Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Exposure
      I guess you can't read.

I clearly wrote 5 minutes.

12. Ben Winders
      Pensive

Ben Winders Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic
      Ok - I'll try this a more conventional way then, without the sarcasm cause you clearly did not pick up on that the first time.

There is not really a way you can physically "fry" frequencies by only listening to a YouTube video at normal volumes for 5 minutes, unless there is a paper out there that I haven't read yet or you have a very rare condition that I have never heard about. But by all means, I would love to hear about it.

The gist: I'm getting a bit tired of outlandish claims like these to be honest.

People that are new to this come in here and read this type of comments and freak out even more.

"What? Listening to a YouTube video for 5 minutes can fry frequencies?"
      > overprotect even more
      > cause more issues.

• Like Like x 1
    13. DingDong

DingDong Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Exposure
      Well I guess you should keep reading then.

Something you clearly have a hard time doing.

Because there are articles out there that state even a one time exposure of high frequency can fry frequencies.

14. Ben Winders
      Pensive

Ben Winders Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic
      Aren't you the sunshine of our lives.

Usually how it works is like this: you make a claim > you back the claim with some data/science/papers.

But ok, I'll start googling "low/moderate volume noise causing permanent hearing damage and loss of frequencies"

I'll let you know what I find.

15. DingDong

DingDong Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Exposure
      Google "exposure to high frequency sound" and you will find all the articles you are looking to read.

But first you may need to Google "learning how to read".

So you can actually understand what is being said in the article.

16. Ben Winders
      Pensive

Ben Winders Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic
      I don't know why I'm still bothering.
      This topic has been handled here so many times.

Example:

Can a Gadget That Exterminates Mice Damage Hearing?

Like I said, if you put it very loud, then yes, possibly.

I also Googled, just to please you as I assume you're probably a nice guy in real life, but also Googling gave the same results: at high dB levels, yes, hearing damage can occur. But at a low volume (ultra) high frequencies causing hearing damage: I haven't found any reliable peer reviewed studies.

I'm not assuming you played the video at 100 dB.

Let's try and be nice to each other after this. This tinnitus crap is terrible enough as is.

17. Jim Vasilakis

Jim Vasilakis Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Noise
      Do you think this could worsen your tinnitus if you listen to it at low volume, from a distance, not using headphones?

I have been listening to it from August to January 2021 and I noticed my tinnitus changed. Do you think it might be because of this video?

18. IntotheBlue03

IntotheBlue03 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cervical/TBD
      I just wanted to thank Ben for staying informative and respectful despite the snark counterproductive responses he received.

I myself have been experiencing moderate to severe tinnitus for the past 2 weeks, and am only now obtaining some relief after identifying my tinnitus pitch (high frequency 15 kHz) and locating some neuromodulation high frequency tracks on YouTube. I listen to these tracks as conservatively as possible on low volume only increasing as necessary depending on my external environment.

I unfortunately lost a lot of time and sanity (not sleeping for days on end type of high anxiety and life disruption) because I was listening to lower frequency sound masking tracks or devices (I went as far as to purchase hearing aids that I now understand only go up to 8kHz) all of which were causing my reactive HF tinnitus to spike the entire time.

Had I come across this thread I may have been frozen into inaction despite the relief I was starting to receive and hospitalized at this point. I think we can all mutually agree that dismissive threads with unverified claims are just as harmful as false remedies etc. Let’s all do better.