Tinnitus Neuromodulation Video Provided Relief (Tinnitus from 4-5/10 to a 1/10)

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by GrumpCat, May 26, 2020.

1. GrumpCat

GrumpCat Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      SSRI (Vraylar)
      Warning:
      Some members say they have experienced a worsening in their tinnitus and/or hyperacusis after listening to the below audio. Please be mindful of the volume and proceed with caution, at your own risk.

I have been going crazy since my SSRI gave me horrible tinnitus, I mean just plain life altering tinnitus. I've been scouring the web for some sort of relief.

Well I came across some random person's post on the tinnitus subreddit:

4 Hours of High Pitched Tinnitus...

I didn't expect anything, however after listening to it for 2 minutes I took my headphones off ... and my tinnitus had gone from a 4/10-5/10 to a 1/10. I went on a walk... and just enjoyed the silence.

I made an account just to post this, I hope it helps someone else.

• Like Like x 3
      • Winner Winner x 1
    2. Forever hopeful

Forever hopeful Member

Tinnitus Since:
      August 2015
      Thank for your post. I do hope you get some improvement soon.
      Vraylar is not an SSRI. It is an atypical antipsychotic. I hope your prescriber did not lead to to believe you were on an SSRI. It has a completely different chemical compound and far more serious side effects than an SSRI.

3. Mister Muso
      Creative

Mister Muso Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2007 / April 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      There are many such videos on YouTube, apps and elsewhere. It's a case of trying them out and seeing what works.

Personally I have to say I find this particular one a bit loud and harsh, but I'm glad it works for you. Probably my hyperacusis reacting, so anyone trying it out, do ensure you turn your volume down to the minimum before pressing Play. I've lost count of how many times I've forgotten to do that myself.

For me the personalised sound files from the website HushTinnitus.com were a great investment.

• Like Like x 1
    4. Lizards
      Pooptoast

Lizards Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/21/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I highly discourage anyone from trying this, or anything else like it. These don't work, and can even be detrimental to your recovery. If this was an effective method of treating tinnitus, audiologists would've capitalized on this a long time ago.

Seriously, don't try it.

• Like Like x 3
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    5. AnyName

AnyName Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Jan 7th 2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I think this was the second night I had tinnitus, I read that someone listened to this the entire night and woke up to no tinnitus.

I wanted to try it since it did give me momentary relief after listening for a few minutes. I put in earbuds and played it at the lowest volume. Fell asleep but woke up an hour later and I had the worst anxiety I have ever experienced. I immediately turned it off and ended up falling back asleep somehow. I felt really shaken the whole next day. I won't try it again.

6. convolution

convolution Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      26/11/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      White Noise from Headphones (likely)
      This is how my tinnitus began. Please be careful.

7. AnyName

AnyName Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Jan 7th 2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      How exactly did your tinnitus happen? Did you not have it at all before, and then you listened to this and it never went away?

8. convolution

convolution Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      26/11/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      White Noise from Headphones (likely)
      Not with this specific video, but my tinnitus was likely caused by listening to white noise through headphones while sleeping. I did it several times throughout a month. I am pretty pretty sure that this was the culprit because one week prior the actual onset I had some tinnitus (after doing that same action) that resolved itself after 24 hours. I probably fried some high frequency... I have been stuck with this for 50 days with little to no improvement.

I don't think I had tinnitus before, even mild. It never happened to me not even after (the very few) concerts in my teens.