Tinnitus Never Really Bothered Me Until a Rock Club Show Changed My Life

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by The Ringer, May 29, 2023.

1. The Ringer
      Curious

The Ringer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2023
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Originally: Unknown. Current: Concert
      Hi, you can call me R, and I'm currently in semi-hell. With the doors and windows open, there are birds, rushing water. It's nice. My ringing is quite prominent but there are other things to hear as well, and this prevents madness. But I am almost 10 days removed from the rock club show that changed my life. After that show, it seems the same tinnitus I've always had just jumped up in volume quite a bit. So many people on forums have told me "You have a concert flare-up, it'll go down." But I don't believe them since it's been so long already with no change.

My main questions, since I know the most obvious solution in front of me - get used to it, change my thinking and approach, my main questions are these:
      • What happened to Dr. Susan's Shore device? Is there any roadmap towards it reaching the public?
      • Are there any clinical trials that seem interesting and worth participating from?
      • Does the drug Ebselen seem to hold any promise?
      Perhaps I'm getting tinnitus at a "good" time as there are things in the hopper? I can be negative and anxious and without hope. I need to appeal to my highest self to overcome this, because after only 10 days, I have indeed thought, not seriously, about taking my own life as a solution.

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. Nick47

Nick47 Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Viral/noise
      Everything you need to know is in the Research News threads. Why not look through them and ask questions on the threads you are following?

• Like Like x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      The Ringer
      Curious

The Ringer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2023
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Originally: Unknown. Current: Concert
      9 months later and it's the same. So I guess this is for life, barring amazing medical breakthroughs.

• Hug Hug x 4
    4. Cmspgran
      Doubtful

Cmspgran Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Are you coping any better with it?

5. alwaysmasking

alwaysmasking Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I'll never know for sure!
      For what it's worth, it took me like... 18ish months for my "first" tinnitus to get noticeably, objectively quieter (it was a pretty sweet year and a half until it spiked back in late May). I've heard some people say their tinnitus reduced after years.

You never know, man. You really don't.