Tinnitus on Top of Everything Else

Discussion in 'Support' started by Lorac, Aug 18, 2016.

1. Lorac

Lorac Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sudden profound hearing loss in left ear.
      I woke up on my mother's sofa this morning. My deaf ear is reacting to the loudly clicking clock in her living room....every tick and tock. I have to be here to help Mom get through another day. My brother died from cardiac arrest this week. This is the second son she has lost. I normally avoid crowded rooms but of course, I will be there for the wake and funeral and reception on Saturday. I will be there for my brother, for my nephews and for my mother. I will struggle to hear people and the reactive noise in my deaf ear will be off the charts and nobody there will understand that.

• Hug Hug x 3
    2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Lorac,
      My heart goes out to you and your family at this devastating time and the heartache etc over the next few days laying your brother to rest.
      I wish you lots of love and hope you get to sleep with the sound of the clock as know what you mean as my clock is loud too....lots of love glynis x

3. valeri

valeri Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
      Sorry to hear about your brother!
      That's certainly a lot to cope with on top of tinnitus and accompanying problems you have.
      Unfortunately not many people will understand as majority will only experience mild tinnitus and no other complications.
      Maybe a small dose of benzos would be a good idea, just to get you through this.

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. OnceUponaTime
      Wishful

OnceUponaTime Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      So sorry for your loss. Do know that many of us here understand what you are going through. I will be praying for you and hope that you feel better soon.

5. quietatnight
      Frustrated

quietatnight Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma / firecracker
      Sorry for everything that your going through right now, life can be so unfair at times, but you will make it through this.

Your in my thoughts and prayers

Louie

Quietatnight

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Lorac

Lorac Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sudden profound hearing loss in left ear.
      I haven't logged onto the forum for a couple of weeks and I thank you for the supportive words. My brother was a very kind and generous person and I will miss him. I regret that I was so wrapped up in my own life and my own health problems that I failed to understand how much his health was declining in recent years.

One of my cousins attended the funeral with his wife and I discovered that she is also deaf in her left ear. We don't see each other often so I did not know that. She observed me struggling to hear people on the day of the funeral and could tell by my mannerisms that I was unilaterally deaf like her.

• Hug Hug x 1
    7. Dominic1955
      Artistic

Dominic1955 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      4/2/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Idiopathic hearing loss
      @Lorac, I hope you are feeling better and recovering from such a tragic event, I just read about your brother, my deepest condolences to you and your family.
      Dom