Tinnitus Permanently Worsening After Phone Call?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Zora, Jun 10, 2016.

1. Zora
      Depressed

Zora Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      1st time: Megaphone ;2nd time: headphones too loud
      hi Guys,

So I had a phone call today. Not from a mobile phone but from the phone at home. It was a normal chat for about 1 minute. I held the phone to my right ear (the ear where the T is not so loud).
      After the call my T went from a 2/10 to a 4/10. but just temporarily. After 10 minutes it was back to normal.

Now I am thinking. If a 1 minute chat can increase my T for 10 minutes, what happens if I call someone lets say 30 minutes?! And that every day? Will it be cumulative and make my T permanently worse?

I was offered a job where I have to make A LOT of phone calls per day, but I dont want to make my T permanently worse :(

I feel like I am doomed to worry for the rest of my life. Cant even take a phone call without fear :(

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      For some people with tinnitus phones can cause problems if on them a long time like a job and mobile phones are best used on hands free away from your ear if on the phone a while.....lots of love glynis

3. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I don't hold phones to my face for a variety of reasons -- using speakerphone mode mostly -- but if I needed to take a job where I was on the phone again, I'd just get a headset and keep the volume set to the minimum it needs to be heard.

I use headphone for music and video games sometimes; does not seem to cause me any issues.