Tinnitus Resetting After Naps, Coming and Going. Should I Try Omega 3?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Mathew Gould, Feb 17, 2019.

1. Mathew Gould

Mathew Gould Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neck/Jaw misalignment
      Woke up today with no tinnitus and lay in bed for 30 mins. I fell back asleep for 1 hour and woke up with tinnitus. How can tinnitus reset itself (get better or worse) after a quick nap??

Should I try omega 3?

I have had tinnitus now for 1.5 years from a neck and jaw problems.

Been seeing a upper cervical chiropractic and I think it's getting better, at least the neck and jaw.

I'm hoping the omega 3 would help my brain where the tinnitus is coming from.

• Like Like x 1
    2. Gman
      No Mood

Gman Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ototoxic earwax drops, worsened by MDs (Muppet Doctors)
      It can do that. Conversely naps/sleep can also calm it.

I haven't heard of omega 3 helping tinnitus, but who knows. It's supposed to be good for the brain, joints, inflammation and many other things.

3. Digital Doc

Digital Doc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise induced
      My tinnitus gets better when I sleep. The effect is more pronounced for me if I sleep with earplugs in.

Also, I take a daily omega3 capsule. My T seems like it got better for me when I started to take it after months of being miserable. Unfortunately it is a case series of 1, namely me, so I would not generalize this to proof of any sort. I am also not sure how long to take it for, but I have another bottle so will continue it for that duration.

Also, my T is noise induced, and have no idea if any of this applies to those with T from musculoskeletal issues.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mathew Gould

Mathew Gould Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neck/Jaw misalignment
      Wouldn't you think that my tinnitus is more neurological then (although it was caused by neck/jaw issues)? Like I need something to calm my brain... It's almost like my tinnitus is random, but I will have like 5 good days in a row where I can't hear it. Then 5/6 days in a row where it's louder and annoying.

5. Gman
      No Mood

Gman Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ototoxic earwax drops, worsened by MDs (Muppet Doctors)
      I have absolutely no idea, sorry. I highly doubt anyone in this day and age could tell you conclusively.

• Agree Agree x 2