Tinnitus Ringing in the Head?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Wilhelm, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Wilhelm
      Worried

Wilhelm Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/2/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      Last few weeks, I started to notice ringing in my head and it doesn't seem to stop. Those weeks were hell on earth. But now it seems like I can ignore for now and then, occasionally.

At first I thought my T was noise-induced. I used to listen to music either with earphones or headphones. But the volumes wasn't really loud (at 30-45% mostly) and the listening time was never more than 1 or 2 hours.

I went to see an ENT but he wasn't helpful. He just said I'll be fine and gave some meds that regulates blood pressure, I think. I've also tested for my hearing. The test results show that I have normal hearing within the range of 0 to 20db.

But my T is still there. I really have no idea how this happens. When it first happened, I was in really really stressful situations though. Any suggestions?

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi Wilhelm,
      Stress can trigger tinnitus also headphones and earphones for some people.
      Tinnitus can be in the head or one or both ears.
      Trying stay calm and not let anxiety take hold will help you.
      Playing sound therapy throughout the night set lower than your tinnitus will help retrain your brain not to focus on your tinnitus .
      Keep posting for support as tinnitus causes lots of unwanted emotions and can be hard at times.
      .....lots of love glynis

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Wilhelm
      Worried

Wilhelm Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/2/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure