Tinnitus Seasons

Discussion in 'Support' started by sarahlouise, Apr 19, 2014.

1. sarahlouise
      Sick

sarahlouise Member

Tinnitus Since:
      at a party in 2010
      Just wondering if hayfever or allergies can spike tinnitus?

2. Kathi
      Balanced

Kathi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/30/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      HFHL and stress
      I don't know yet--this is my first outside allergy season with tinnitus. I used to take Zyrtec everyday because of my allergy to my kitties but I haven't taken it since November. Actually, I seem to have gotten better.

3. erik
      Cool

erik Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/2012 or earlier?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely hearing loss
      It doesn't seem to impact my tinnitus and occasionally I will take Allegra on the bad days and it also has no effect on my tinnitus.

4. Forever hopeful
      Disappointed

Forever hopeful Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2015 resolved, 4/20 L ear, increase 2/21
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      2015,noise,2020-21 SNHL
      I have noticed that I get bilateral tinnitus - sort of a high pitch hiss/whine and I’m starting to think it has a seasonal pattern.

I got it last year in the spring and it lasted through the summer and I noticed once fall came it started to dissipate and went away. And it has been gone for quite a while and I’ve noticed now it’s back with a vengeance.

I was racking my brain as to why all of a sudden it’s back and I noticed the pollen count is high and all the windows are open because my son had COVID-19. I have a fan in my room that pulls air from outside into my bedroom. I’ve had a scratchy throat last week and felt stuffed up and all of a sudden the high-pitched whining noises back. And it’s so annoying because nothing covers it up.

I’m just wondering if anyone’s had that experience?