Tinnitus Slowly Improving Over Last Couple of Weeks — Does This Mean It Will Eventually Go?

Discussion in 'Support' started by worriedd, Apr 18, 2016.

1. worriedd

worriedd Member

Tinnitus Since:
      20/03/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Fluid, from a cold. No noise damage or infection.
      Hi, I'm 17 years old with my birthday coming up next week. I've had tinnitus for almost a month now and have noticed a bit of improvement as the pitch seems to have gone down a bit as I don't really hear it when I'm out, which is a big improvement, however its still quite noisy when I'm at home. I've developed it after a cold and have started sneezing and coughing some phlegm out finally. Do you guys think this will go? I know its probably naive to hope it will go by my birthday.

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      I have just read your story and your tinnitus has every chance of going but time will tell.
      Taking a mucous linctus and steam inhalation will help to clear any mucous that's hanging around in your tubes.
      Tinnitus can hang around for a few weeks following a cold so stay positive your coping better with it and hope improve some more....lots of love glynis

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    3. Owen
      Disappointed

Owen Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unclear. Inflammatory allergic reaction/AIED
      My advice to you is nothing more than as follows:

Try to avoid noisy situations - look after your hearing. Wear ear defenders when doing things really noisy or musicians earplugs if going out to clubs/loud parties. On the one hand, you are very young, so healing is better and you have time on your side. The flip side to this of course is that you potentially have many years in which to do damage to your ears. There are a number of people on this forum that initially had tinnitus and habituated to it and then went out and abused their hearing and are now here going out of their minds with how bad it is now.

Look after yourself generally. Try to eat well, keep your fluids up and all the other general advice about keeping healthy.

My hearing is definitely not fine, but if I think back 12 months to what it was like, I have made massive improvements. No one - not even the best eNT in the world can tell you how it will progress. Everyone seems to be different.

I hope it does go for you.

4. Lazypugfilms

Lazypugfilms Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/17/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I've had mine for 3 months. It's daily with me. Some days I believe it's gone. Some days I feel it getting stronger. tinnitus is scary but I'm doing my best to stay positive.

• Like Like x 2
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      worriedd

worriedd Member

Tinnitus Since:
      20/03/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Fluid, from a cold. No noise damage or infection.
      Thanks to everyone who's replied to this post! Thank you for all the advice you have given to me. I had a bit of a freak out today because my brain seemed to be focusing on my tinnitus a lot more, but I'm feeling a lot better after coughing (a bit gross I know). I don't think I mentioned but when it first started I had a constant screaming sound and slowly over the last couple of weeks it's decreased, so now I only here it when I'm sleeping really. Does anyone else's get a lot better in the morning and significantly worse at night?

6. Mario martz
      Creative

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Well this a good sign, if your tinnitus appeard after a cold then it has big chances to go away!
      it might be related to an Eustachian tube problem, but dont worry it might be just a temporal thing :D